Post your FIRST EGG pics!

Status
Not open for further replies.

first egg! got 20 pullets,7 different breeds, can't say for certain who did it but strongly suspect one of the Amber Whites as she was in and out of nesting box scratching around and making a lot of noise today. all my girls are 17 weeks, 4 days old. exciting day!

My girls are just about 23 weeks old and only five out of 13 are laying. The naked neck has been laying for almost four weeks now, and the silver laced wyandotte and speckled sussex are laying. The rest of my birds are minorcas, silver spangled hamburgs, golden campines, and a brown leghorn. I have only gotten a handful of white eggs and only one day with two white eggs. They don't act stressed and they have plenty of calcium in their diet. I just started keeping a light on in the coop all day, but they spend most of their time outside anyway. Any suggestions on getting them to lay? The hamburgs especially seem to be very late. Oh, and all have had large bright red combs for awhile now.

We got our first Egg Sunday Night 8-21-16 ! (white large Store egg for comparison)

I was thinking our first to lay would be one of our Black Sexlinks, but I'm not sure who's it was! We have 1 Barred Rock, 1 Buff, 2 Blk Sexlinks and 1 Game bird mix. all of them were 22 weeks to the day on 8/21/16

HAPPY BIRTHDAY to me!! My 21 week old BO cross decided to lay our very first egg ever as a birthday present to me!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom