Post your FIRST EGG pics!

Status
Not open for further replies.
First egg - from whom? I still have two young pellets, not sure who laid this egg. The silkie or the Easter Egg/Brahma? Was told my chicken was an easter egg on this site, but was told by a local farmer she was not. I researched and think she may be a brahma. She has a beaded crown but has feathers on her legs. Very pretty large and friendly. This egg was laid a week and half ago. Very light, light beige (cream) with light spots. Have researched easter egg, green and blue and brahma sp? is a known as light brown. What does light brown mean? Here is the picture of chicken in question, her beak and wattles are still pink not red yet, slow to develop. The silkie has a walnut comb no wattles and is purple. This is driving me crazy as no further eggs laid since. Our day light is short now but my young austrolorp lay everyday, would of expected the new layer to do the same? Egg on left questioned, the right egg from austrolorp (sp?)lays everyday). Thanks for any opinions..

My first egg from one of my Barred rocks. I thought that both had laid on the same day, but after a few days only one developed a larger red comb and I have been getting only one egg every day or so. So I think she laid an egg twice in the same day. Lucky me
celebrate.gif

The white egg is a large egg from the store. The little green egg is our first egg given to us by Miss Angel on Saturday. She is an EE Bantam and loves to be petted.

First eggs from my Light Brahma roo x EE/Americauna hen crosses! Not sure which of the 3 pullets laid it yet. Nice little olive pullet egg!

Opened the nest box and surprise!

Compared to my BR Little Hen's eggs, she lays a small egg. The pullet egg is even smaller.

Out of one of these three:

My Bantam Sultan's first egg might be the world's smallest chicken egg! Today, my Bantam Polish laid her first egg and I was beyond giddy to find it still warm and wet. It's the little things in life! :weee

Last time I got an egg that big there was another egg inside it. And I'm not talking about a second yolk, but an entire egg; yolk, albumen, shell, the whole ten yards.

I've heard tale of the fabled double egg but I've never seen one! That one ended up being a double yolk. My husband was thrilled it ended up as his breakfast.

I've heard tale of the fabled double egg but I've never seen one! That one ended up being a double yolk. My husband was thrilled it ended up as his breakfast.
oh wow that's awesome!! We've had plenty of double yolkers from giant eggs but never this egg within an egg before. You made the best breakfast from them too--popeyes! I grew up on those and it's even better eating them from our own eggs♡

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom