Post your FIRST EGG pics!

Status
Not open for further replies.
From one of our two, 25-week-old Americana/Arauncas from McMurray, Farah or Star. First egg EVER!!

She beat 5 BOs, 1 SLW, 1 Cuckoo Maran, and 1 Light Brahma from the same order with a June 7 hatch date.

33809_firstegg.jpg

Color is greener and darker than a robin's egg but bluer than avocado. Size is about 2/3 the "large" eggs from the store as shown in pict.

We never thought it would happen but like everyone said, it finally did! From Ginger, our 26 1/2 week old RSL, a perfect little egg in the nest box today:
40667_003.jpg

Store-bought large egg on the right:

40667_004.jpg

Proud producer:

40667_006.jpg

WooHoo!! I yelled so loud I scared my poor kids - lol!!

Quote:
Do you have images you have already stored? IF so, you go the "upload" link at the top of this page- then when that opens, go down to the right hand bottom corner and there is another link called "my uploads" then when that opens you can select your photo and choose either the top link under the photo which is the thumbnail, or the bottom which is the larger image and "copy" it - then go back to where you want to put it and "paste".
Did that help or answer your question? Good Luck - we look forward to your photos.
smile.png

Quote:
Do you have images you have already stored? IF so, you go the "upload" link at the top of this page- then when that opens, go down to the right hand bottom corner and there is another link called "my uploads" then when that opens you can select your photo and choose either the top link under the photo which is the thumbnail, or the bottom which is the larger image and "copy" it - then go back to where you want to put it and "paste".
Did that help or answer your question? Good Luck - we look forward to your photos.
smile.png

If you haven't put any photos on here yet- here is the link to tell you how to do that- good luck again.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=504

Quote:
congratulations!
celebrate.gif

When I got my first egg- My husband and son thought I was having a heart attack and ran outside- to see what was wrong- I was sooo excited! After checking the nests for weeks and them always being empty - it was like magic seeing that perfect egg sitting there. I wanted to bronze it like babies first shoes
smile.png

Guess what?! I got my last-first egg layed be my silkie, Pillow! At first we thought it would never lay but today
it did. She will be 33 weeks old tomorrow. Our other silkie laid her first last week. We're so happy.
42670_018.jpg

It's the one on the upper right.
wee.gif
yippiechickie.gif
:
celebrate.gif

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom