Post your FIRST EGG pics!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally! after long 21 weeks wait. One of my pullets laid an egg yesterday. I don't know which one. My best guess is the BA. Here are the photos. The white egg is a commercial egg just to compare how small the very first egg from one of my girls. My question is, In the long run will the eggs be as big as the commercial eggs? At what age will the hens be then?
43725_img_0006.jpg
43725_img_0005.jpg

Quote:
It took about 3 weeks for my SS eggs to reach their full size, one EE took two months to reach large egg size, the other EE took about twelve days to reach full size on her eggs. So obviously the time varies between hens. The EE that took two months to reach full size on her eggs also lays BROWN eggs...so I am doubly disappointed in her
wink.png

Last edited:
Since getting the first egg of any of the flock recently, I've been getting several "firsts" from various hens starting to lay....

Got the first green egg today. Hard to take a pick that really shows the color good, but here it is....

16857_274335915026_696695026_4840071_5692443_n.jpg

Last edited:
Yahoo! Both of my EE's are layin' ladies now!
big_smile.png
Delores surprised me with her first egg today. It's the smaller one on the bottom of the picture, next to her sisters green egg and a store bought white. What a beauty, right!
lol.png

44629_dsc08796.jpg

44629_dsc08066.jpg

:yaFinally, I got my first egg! I'm so excited. I just upgraded the girl's coop yesterday and hung their nestboxes on the outside of their coop, and they rewarded me with my first egg Yahoo!!
wee.gif
yippiechickie.gif

45502_the_first_egg.jpg

45502_coop_upgrade_004.jpg

yippiechickie.gif
yippiechickie.gif
yippiechickie.gif

Today we got our FIRST egg!!! Our ladies (3 EE, 1 SLW, 1 GLW, and 2 BA) turned 23 weeks old 1/12. Our BA layed this egg! This morning I went out and took care of everything and looked in there nesting boxes and inside of the hay was a circle and there lay the first egg! We are so happy.
big_smile.png

Here it is weighing in at 1.66 oz (47.0g)
big_smile.png
Sure is pretty.
100_2417.jpg

Size comparison with a store bought large egg.
100_2420.jpg

Last edited:
We got our first egg as a Christmas present from our girls :) After going for a walk in the snow (first white Christmas in 83 years for Texas) I stopped in to check on the birds, and this is what I found :)

46758_img_3662.jpg

Congrats on your first Eggs everyone. It is such a thrill.
frow.gif

I have been waiting for 2 months for my EE Cleo, to start laying her Blue Eggs again. She finally gave me one on 1-12-2010, I am happy
clap.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom