Not open for further replies.
big_smile.png
76257_dscn3792.jpg

Rosie's 1st and 2nd eggs Yea!!!
She is 19 weeks

We are still looking for more members at etsy teambyc

happy1-1.gif

Found our first eggs this morning!

Yesterday, I didn't get out to the coop- we were gone most of the day and evening, so it was too late, etc. This morning, myself and my 2 year old daughter tromped out in the cold rain to check their feed and water, etc. My girls are at 20 weeks, and my patience has been waring! I didn't expect anything at all, but when I checked the last nesting box, we had 2!
wee.gif

5e25a226.jpg

Here is a comparison to eggs I get from a friend's flock.

708126ff.jpg

I'm sure it was my lovely Geraldine that laid these...she's been ready for weeks now!

Sooooo excited!!!
woot.gif

84619_dsc04449.jpg

Our Golden Wyandotte laid the small egg (two months ago). Wrong date on pic. (sorry about that)

84619_dsc04794.jpg

Her name is Blondie and she's 7 months old.

Last edited:
Two of my girls started laying almost two weeks ago, one on Wednesday and one on Saturday. (Naturally, I went out of town Wednesday morning and didn't get to collect their first eggs)

Here are the first 2 eggs collected along with a large grocery store egg for scale.

91976_first_eggs.jpg

I have 3 chickens from the same hatch day but I am not sure which 2 are laying. One RIR and 2 Delawares. The Delawares look more mature and squat much more readily than the RIR but....

ETA: About how long does it typically take for the girls to start laying full sized eggs?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom