Post your Pop Door (and lock) pics

Pictures of my pop door, open and shut, and the cable that lifts it. I don't have a lock for it, but the 2 X 4 at the door frame allows the door to go lower than the opening so it would be extremely difficult to open it from the outside. I hope I explained that well enough. If not I can try to take additional pictures to illustrate.

IMG_0438.jpg
IMG_0439.jpg
IMG_0440.jpg
IMG_0445.jpg

Unlocked

In Operation
@KDK1 I love this simple mechanism, it has stuck in my mind since I first saw it more than a year ago.....

....now I need a 'remote' latch so am going to apply it to a new pop door...not the powered part, just the latch.

Got 'er done, works great!!! Operates with a rope from 6 feet away.

Should have made the frame taller, this is the same pop door frame on another part of my coop that has a different latch system.
But this part of the coop is for junior birds so it'll work fine.

Got 'er done, works great!!! Operates with a rope from 6 feet away. Should have made the frame taller, this is the same pop door frame on another part of my coop that has a different latch system. But this part of the coop is for junior birds so it'll work fine.
I built the same thing with it hooked to my D20, such a simple idea but it works great, love it.

Back
Top Bottom