new breeder

Chirping
6 Years
Nov 17, 2013
Greece
hello!!!
today (day 20 for my egg's)
the power turn off ....

it take me half hour(more or less) to learn that power is off so i run t my incubator , t take it t a hoter room, i open it place inside hot water and i put some blanket around him, after 1 hour the power come back and i put the incubater in his place with the blanket AND NOW I AM A LITTLE DOWN AND EXPECT THE WORST..... :(

Relax….they should be fine. I've had power go off for several hours and the chicks hatched just fine. At day 20, the chicks are already able to generate a little of their own heat so having the power off for a short time probably won't make any difference.

Relax….they should be fine. I've had power go off for several hours and the chicks hatched just fine. At day 20, the chicks are already able to generate a little of their own heat so having the power off for a short time probably won't make any difference.

i hope you are right!!!
goodpost.gif

i feel better now!!!
wee.gif

its my secont time for waiting with incubator, the first time in th day 19 i have the first chick. this time in two and a half hour from now it will start day 21 and nothing(i cannot see nothink no chick no pip nothing, i will waiting calm until day 25,.... what else i can do anyway....

Definitely relax.....next time I would wait a couple of hours before you disturb the incubator.
Like a refrigerator or freezer, you open it you loose the temperature (and humidity).
Hope all goes well!

this is why i put inside the hot water, the humidity fly up on the spot! i have just now see the forst pip!!!!
ep.gif

Back
Top Bottom