prayer warriors (following Jesus Christ, everyone welcome)

Can everyone please PLEASE pray for one of my dearest and closest friends? I can't say what's wrong. It's personal but we NEED Gods help.

You're in my prayers Jake :hugs

Seems to me that we have covered the "forgive others" covered pretty well, but here are the two harder ones:
forgive yourself
forgive God

Why would we need to forgive God? He doesn't wrong us necessarily; its our attitude towards Him that makes us THINK he's wronged us.

At least, that's kinda what I did... Hmmm I guess I was 'mad' at God for a bit there, but after I figured out what He was trying to do, I felt stupid and found myself begging for forgiveness for doubting Him in the first place.

Dunno, just a different perspective I suppose. I just personally don't think God does anything that would necessitate forgiveness from us, I mean, its GOD, he doesn't need our approval :p

Does He?

*oh, lol, nevermind...the PERSON needs to forgive God so THEY can love him... Got it, haven't had my coffee yet :p

Last edited:
Aha...example, David.

David got mad at God ALOT, didn't he? He whined, he griped, he begged for answers... Most if the psalms where he starts out mad at God, by the time he gets to the end of the psalm, he's praising God instead of ending mad. Is that the power of communication, working it out with God? He knows we get frustrated and mad but he forgives us anyway, like a good friend would ;)

How long, O LORD? Will you forget me forever? How long will you hide your face from me?How long must I wrestle with my thoughts and every day have sorrow in my heart? How long will my enemy triumph over me? Look on me and answer, O LORD my God. Give light to my eyes, or I will sleep in death; my enemy will say, “I have overcome him,” and my foes will rejoice when I fall. But I trust in your unfailing love; my heart rejoices in your salvation. I will sing to the LORD, for he has been good to me. (Psalm 13:1-6)

O Lord, how long will you look on? Rescue my life from their ravages, my precious life from these lions. I will give you thanks in the great assembly; among throngs of people I will praise you. (Psalm 35:17-18)

I say to God my Rock, “Why have you forgotten me? Why must I go about mourning, oppressed by the enemy?” My bones suffer mortal agony as my foes taunt me, saying to me all day long, “Where is your God?” Why are you downcast, O my soul? Why so disturbed within me? Put your hope in God, for I will yet praise him, my Savior and my God. (Psalm 42:9-11)

The 22nd psalm is a good one to study in that regard. He's mad but in the midst of being mad he realizes why he can't stay mad at God, who has always been there when needed.

My God, my God, why have you forsaken me? Why are you so far from saving me, from the words of my groaning? O my God, I cry by day, but you do not answer, and by night, but I find no rest. Yet you are holy, enthroned on the praises of Israel. In you our fathers trusted; they trusted, and you delivered them. To you they cried and were rescued; in you they trusted and were not put to shame. But I am a worm and not a man, scorned by mankind and despised by the people. All who see me mock me; they make mouths at me; they wag their heads; "He trusts in the Lord ; let him deliver him; let him rescue him, for he delights in him!" Yet you are he who took me from the womb; you made me trust you at my mother's breasts. On you was I cast from my birth, and from my mother's womb you have been my God. Be not far from me, for trouble is near, and there is none to help. Many bulls encompass me; strong bulls of Bashan surround me; they open wide their mouths at me, like a ravening and roaring lion. I am poured out like water, and all my bones are out of joint; my heart is like wax; it is melted within my breast; my strength is dried up like a potsherd, and my tongue sticks to my jaws; you lay me in the dust of death. For dogs encompass me; a company of evildoers encircles me; they have pierced my hands and feet— I can count all my bones— they stare and gloat over me; they divide my garments among them, and for my clothing they cast lots. But you, O Lord , do not be far off! O you my help, come quickly to my aid! Deliver my soul from the sword, my precious life from the power of the dog! Save me from the mouth of the lion! You have rescued me from the horns of the wild oxen! I will tell of your name to my brothers; in the midst of the congregation I will praise you: You who fear the Lord , praise him! All you offspring of Jacob, glorify him, and stand in awe of him, all you offspring of Israel! For he has not despised or abhorred the affliction of the afflicted, and he has not hidden his face from him, but has heard, when he cried to him. From you comes my praise in the great congregation; my vows I will perform before those who fear him. The afflicted shall eat and be satisfied; those who seek him shall praise the Lord ! May your hearts live forever! All the ends of the earth shall remember and turn to the Lord , and all the families of the nations shall worship before you. For kingship belongs to the Lord , and he rules over the nations. All the prosperous of the earth eat and worship; before him shall bow all who go down to the dust, even the one who could not keep himself alive. Posterity shall serve him; it shall be told of the Lord to the coming generation; they shall come and proclaim his righteousness to a people yet unborn, that he has done it.
Psalms 22:1‭-‬31 ESV
http://bible.com/59/psa.22.1-31.ESV

Job would probably be another good one to look through ;)

Last edited:
Love the topic it's one I struggle with well the forgetting part I suck at completely (photographic memory doesn't help) I agreed that forgiving others helps you. My question is when you forgive, is giving that person your trust agian part of forgiving or just something you hold back until proven they can be trusted? Personally I think it should be part of the forgiving process because you can't really say you for gave and forgot if you can't trust them again. I still working on that. With some it comes naturally and others not so much. I think it also has to do with how deeply you got hurt. However that being said the hurt we feel in this life time can't hold a flame to what God and Jesus went through on the cross.
My take on it is this: It's possible to forgive, but that does not mean that you forget, nor does it mean that you place yourself in a position to be vulnerable to that person again. Trust has to be earned. For example: perhaps you have some one close to you who has repeatedly robbed from you and other family members. Maybe to support a drug habit, or for any other reason. You can forgive that person, and write off the debt in the money stolen from you. Essentially, you write it off, b/c you know you'll never see it back, anyways. But, that trust has been broken. When that person comes to your house, you DO NOT leave your wallet out, perhaps you might even lock your valuables in your bedroom while they visit. You make sure that your personal papers are put away out of sight and out of reach. You do not loan any money to this person, no matter how compelling the sob story. And you make sure this person knows that they have crossed the line for the last time. They need to know that stealing from you will result in prosecution. Then, you work on rebuilding that relationship. That person may never verbally confess, or repent to you. But, their changed behavior will reflect a changed heart. That is what you look for. It's possible to forgive without the verbalization of repentance. But, in my case, that forgiveness is a series of baby steps. I wish I was stronger, and able to forgive once and for all, like Jesus does, but, I'm still a work in progress. I have to pray often for God to help me forgive the one person who's name pops into my mind when ever the topic of forgiveness crops up. That person has caused so much pain to so very many people.

Can everyone please PLEASE pray for one of my dearest and closest friends? I can't say what's wrong. It's personal but we NEED Gods help.
Praying for your friend. Also praying that HS will give you the words to minister to your friend.

Seems to me that we have covered the "forgive others" covered pretty well, but here are the two harder ones:
forgive yourself
forgive God
Yes, some people to become angry at God. Sometimes they don't even see their anger for what it is, but it's there. I talked to a mother once. She was talking about her child who had a very serious illness. She asked why God would allow this, wondering what wrong she had done to bring this on her family. I told her that when something in life like that happens, we are faced with 2 choices. The first is to cling to God, the second is to get mad at Him. It also opened the door to discussion about the fallen world we live in, and how God is not the cause of such pain.

@lazy gardener, maybe these will help with that hard to forgive forgiveness aspect, and help anyone else struggling with the same issue too..

"You have heard that it was said, 'You shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy.' But I say to you, Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, so that you may be sons of your Father who is in heaven. For he makes his sun rise on the evil and on the good, and sends rain on the just and on the unjust. For if you love those who love you, what reward do you have? Do not even the tax collectors do the same? And if you greet only your brothers, what more are you doing than others? Do not even the Gentiles do the same? You therefore must be perfect, as your heavenly Father is perfect.
Matthew 5:43‭-‬48 ESV
http://bible.com/59/mat.5.43-48.ESV

Repay no one evil for evil, but give thought to do what is honorable in the sight of all. If possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all. Beloved, never avenge yourselves, but leave it to the wrath of God, for it is written, "Vengeance is mine, I will repay, says the Lord." To the contrary, "if your enemy is hungry, feed him; if he is thirsty, give him something to drink; for by so doing you will heap burning coals on his head." Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.
Romans 12:17‭-‬21 ESV
http://bible.com/59/rom.12.17-21.ESV

BTW, I encourage everyone to study what "heaping burning coals" on your enemies head is... It is NOT literally dumping hot fire on your enemy lol, look it up! :D

Last edited:
@lazy gardener, maybe these will help with that hard to forgive forgiveness aspect, and help anyone else struggling with the same issue too..

"You have heard that it was said, 'You shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy.' But I say to you, Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, so that you may be sons of your Father who is in heaven. For he makes his sun rise on the evil and on the good, and sends rain on the just and on the unjust. For if you love those who love you, what reward do you have? Do not even the tax collectors do the same? And if you greet only your brothers, what more are you doing than others? Do not even the Gentiles do the same? You therefore must be perfect, as your heavenly Father is perfect.
Matthew 5:43‭-‬48 ESV
http://bible.com/59/mat.5.43-48.ESV

Repay no one evil for evil, but give thought to do what is honorable in the sight of all. If possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all. Beloved, never avenge yourselves, but leave it to the wrath of God, for it is written, "Vengeance is mine, I will repay, says the Lord." To the contrary, "if your enemy is hungry, feed him; if he is thirsty, give him something to drink; for by so doing you will heap burning coals on his head." Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.
Romans 12:17‭-‬21 ESV
http://bible.com/59/rom.12.17-21.ESV

BTW, I encourage everyone to study what "heaping burning coals" on your enemies head is... It is NOT literally dumping hot fire on your enemy lol, look it up! :D

Good post. Last part made me laugh, lol :lol:

Back
Top Bottom