prayer warriors (following Jesus Christ, everyone welcome)

Asking for prayer. I've had a bit of a stomach bug for the past 2 days. Scheduled to work tomorrow. I'd sure like to get through the night, and go to work tomorrow without this stomach pain!!!!

Praying.
smile.png

I hope she stays okay and will keep praying and also what is up with everyone wanting to do that lately?

Have you ever kept track of when and what your triggers are?

Winter hits me hard. Less sunlight, cold, dreary, stuck inside. They have a "clinical term" for it... It's called SAD, Seasonal Affective Disorder. (Yes, they'll name ANYTHING anymore lol)

It's really handy when we suffer from anxiety and whatnot, to notice what our triggers are, so we can stop the behavior before it starts. Like for instance, I take a hot bath when I'm super stressed. I took 3 hot baths yesterday, I was stressed and cold and bored, and that leads me to getting anxiety... It helps relax me and I can close my eyes and pray for peace while I'm in there ;)

Three posts by me in a row. How embarrassing!
Out of curiosity, has anyone else purchased a notebook to keep up with this thread? I actually think it is funny that I feel the need.

Alright here is what I have found so far tonight first night of study. First one came out of genesis 2:18-24 God had decided if waznt good for a man to be alone so he made a woman to be his helped and friend. Second proverbs 31:10-31 a wife should be virtuous, willing to work (not just out of home but with what her husband has given her charge of), should be kind to others (talks about helping the needy extending a hand to the poor), a wife should be strong (don't believe it refers to physical stregth more a strength of character but will dive more into that later), being deligent, being willing, being finacial ly smart (considering what your buying need or want) being organized (keeping track of things that need to be taken care of and seeingthat it gets done), being steadfast, being wise (controlling ones emotions and speaking kind words), fearing the Lord. 1 Corinthians 7:1-16 7:11-33 not fornicating being joined solely to husband, being kind to husband, realizing you husband has shares right to your body as do you to his, not using sex as a tool to manipulate him with,, do not depart from husband, the wife santcifies the unbelieving husband because of this your clidren are clean and holy, Ephesians 5:33 5:22-24 the wife just respect her husband, submit on to husband as the head like on to christ, Colossians 3:18 submit on to you husband's as it is fit in the Lord. 1 Peter 3:1 yeild to husband that they maybe won over without a word by the wife's life.

Great study :)

I've actually been harassed more for my submission to my husband than anything. It's really weird, like other women don't LIKE that I do that, and when I try to explain that God made man and woman with certain ideas in mind, they get offended. :p

I would like to add one verse, if I may... Genesis 3:16

16 To the woman he said,

“I will make your pains in childbearing very severe;
with painful labor you will give birth to children.
Your desire will be for your husband,
and he will rule over you.”

That was after the fall. I accept my position with joy, knowing that being a wife and mom is a HUGE calling. Not only are we expected to keep the home, but keep everyone in it healthy and happy, and be a role model for the kids and others. Most miss that part. It's not obeying because God says so, but that's definitely important. It's submitting because you love him. God AND your husband.

I get ALOT of flack from others, including my family, for my decision to dress modestly, including not swimming. It's my choice to not wear what is like my underwear in front of other men, I don't like to, period. But the other half of that equation is my husband. I love him. He loves me and wants me to keep my body covered so other men don't see what is essentially HIS body. We are one, so I understand completely and happily submit to that condition because I don't want to cause offense, for him, me, or the wife of the man gawking at me ;)

This is my second marriage. Sure, we have our moments. But compared to my first marriage, I can see where I made my previous husband jealous on purpose, displayed my body in front if his friends, nagged him constantly, and never let him have control of anything because I thought we should be equals. I couldn't have been more wrong. But now I have a chance to do it better, and it IS so much better when I think of my husband first. Most of my problems in the previous marriage were a direct result of me being selfish. It just makes a happier home to follow God's established roles for us, and he feels like a good god fearing man, a respected head of his family, just like Christ is the head of the church :)

Last edited:
I get the same nonsense from my family. I have always preferred to dress where everything covered. I lately have asked my husband if he aproves of a certain outfit before I wear it. I still breastfeed our one year old son and when we are at work as well and there are other men around it makes my husband jealous. Our son won't let me cover up during that so I go hid as best I can. My mother is a God fearing woman however alot of things that I found last night she wouldn't be to pleased about but oh well it's what God says.my mother marraige evidence is one reason everything happened. She always told me if you not happy with something do one of two things dress in lingerie, walk around the house and when he wants sex tell him not till such and such happens, or to pack a bag and pretend to leave. It was really interesting to me when I went through everything with my husband how many said just to give up and get a divorce even my mother was one of them and she the one that taught me taht it wasn't an option. Time will does change people. I won't go into details but I remember one conversation with her after a few things that happened where she told me I didn't have to be a martyr which is what God has called us to be. And it was funny because she use to ask me as a child if someone asked you one day are you a christian and you say yes am dthey then bring all of us out and line them up and are about to kill them and they ask are you still a christian what would you say and I always said yes. I keep wanting to talk to my mom about what I found but I want to make sure I am not doing it because I am being snotty about it.

Jesus Prophesy Study #43 "be lifted up, just as Moses lifted up a serpent"

Old Testament:

Numbers 21 NASB
8 Then the Lord said to Moses, “Make a fiery serpent, and set it on a standard; and it shall come about, that everyone who is bitten, when he looks at it, he will live.” 9 And Moses made a bronze serpent and set it on the standard; and it came about, that if a serpent bit any man, when he looked to the bronze serpent, he lived.

New Testament:

John 3 NASB
14 As Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of Man be lifted up; 15 so that whoever believes will in Him have eternal life.

Back
Top Bottom