prayer warriors (following Jesus Christ, everyone welcome)

Please pray, some kids from my high school class got into a terrible crash late last night, one dead on the scene, another med flighted to hospital, and 2 others sent to another local hospital. I don't know who it is or anything, the names haven't been released, but it's still terrible :(

I'm praying :hugs

Thank you!

On the phone with my friend, she's especially upset because while she wasn't extremely close, she saw him after school at sailing every single day for 3 years. Says he acted like that but deep down he was a sweetheart, which confirms what i had thought

Makes it even more sad and real :(

On the phone with my friend, she's especially upset because while she wasn't extremely close, she saw him after school at sailing every single day for 3 years. Says he acted like that but deep down he was a sweetheart, which confirms what i had thought

Makes it even more sad and real
sad.png

I'm praying.
hugs.gif

Jesus Prophesy Study #47 "be mocked and insulted by many"

Old Testament:

Psalm 22 NASB
7 All who see me sneer at me;
They separate with the lip, they wag the head, saying,
8 “Commit yourself to the Lord; let Him deliver him;
Let Him rescue him, because He delights in him.”

Psalms 22 NASB
17 I can count all my bones.
They look, they stare at me;

New Testament:

Matthew 27 NASB
31 After they had mocked Him, they took the scarlet robe off Him and put His own garments back on Him, and led Him away to crucify Him.

Matthew 27 NASB
39 And those passing by were hurling abuse at Him, wagging their heads 40 and saying, “You who are going to destroy the temple and rebuild it in three days, save Yourself! If You are the Son of God, come down from the cross.” 41 In the same way the chief priests also, along with the scribes and elders, were mocking Him and saying, 42 “He saved others; He cannot save Himself. He is the King of Israel; let Him now come down from the cross, and we will believe in Him. 43 He trusts in God; let God rescue Him now, if He delights in Him; for He said, ‘I am the Son of God.’”

Mark 15 NASB
29 Those passing by were hurling abuse at Him, wagging their heads, and saying, “Ha! You who are going to destroy the temple and rebuild it in three days, 30 save Yourself, and come down from the cross!” 31 In the same way the chief priests also, along with the scribes, were mocking Him among themselves and saying, “He saved others; He cannot save Himself. 32 Let this Christ, the King of Israel, now come down from the cross, so that we may see and believe!” Those who were crucified with Him were also insulting Him.

Luke 23 NASB
35 And the people stood by, looking on. And even the rulers were sneering at Him, saying, “He saved others; let Him save Himself if this is the Christ of God, His Chosen One.” 36 The soldiers also mocked Him, coming up to Him, offering Him sour wine, 37 and saying, “If You are the King of the Jews, save Yourself!” 38 Now there was also an inscription above Him, “THIS IS THE KING OF THE JEWS.”
39 One of the criminals who were hanged there was hurling abuse at Him, saying, “Are You not the Christ? Save Yourself and us!”

Jesus Prophesy Study #47 "be mocked and insulted by many"

Old Testament:

Psalm 22 NASB
[SUP]7 [/SUP]All who see me sneer at me;

They separate with the lip, they wag the head, saying,
[SUP]8 [/SUP]“Commit yourself to the Lord; let Him deliver him;

Let Him rescue him, because He delights in him.”

Psalms 22 NASB
[SUP]17 [/SUP]I can count all my bones.

They look, they stare at me;

New Testament:

Matthew 27 NASB
[SUP]31 [/SUP]After they had mocked Him, they took the scarlet robe off Him and put His own garments back on Him, and led Him away to crucify Him.

Matthew 27 NASB
[SUP]39 [/SUP]And those passing by were hurling abuse at Him, wagging their heads [SUP]40 [/SUP]and saying, “You who are going to destroy the temple and rebuild it in three days, save Yourself! If You are the Son of God, come down from the cross.” [SUP]41 [/SUP]In the same way the chief priests also, along with the scribes and elders, were mocking Him and saying, [SUP]42 [/SUP]“He saved others; He cannot save Himself. He is the King of Israel; let Him now come down from the cross, and we will believe in Him. [SUP]43 [/SUP]He trusts in God; let God rescue Him now, if He delights in Him; for He said, ‘I am the Son of God.’”

Mark 15 NASB
[SUP]29 [/SUP]Those passing by were hurling abuse at Him, wagging their heads, and saying, “Ha! You who are going to destroy the temple and rebuild it in three days, [SUP]30 [/SUP]save Yourself, and come down from the cross!” [SUP]31 [/SUP]In the same way the chief priests also, along with the scribes, were mocking Him among themselves and saying, “He saved others; He cannot save Himself. [SUP]32 [/SUP]Let this Christ, the King of Israel, now come down from the cross, so that we may see and believe!” Those who were crucified with Him were also insulting Him.

Luke 23 NASB
[SUP]35 [/SUP]And the people stood by, looking on. And even the rulers were sneering at Him, saying, “He saved others; let Him save Himself if this is the Christ of God, His Chosen One.” [SUP]36 [/SUP]The soldiers also mocked Him, coming up to Him, offering Him sour wine, [SUP]37 [/SUP]and saying, “If You are the King of the Jews, save Yourself!” [SUP]38 [/SUP]Now there was also an inscription above Him, “THIS IS THE KING OF THE JEWS.”
[SUP]39 [/SUP]One of the criminals who were hanged there was hurling abuse at Him, saying, “Are You not the Christ? Save Yourself and us!”

I remember something about the vinegar, sour wine... Did he refuse it because it was alcohol, or because it would have dulled his senses and made him pass out instead of willingly giving up the spirit...or both maybe.. What's your take on that?

I remember something about the vinegar, sour wine... Did he refuse it because it was alcohol, or because it would have dulled his senses and made him pass out instead of willingly giving up the spirit...or both maybe.. What's your take on that?

I've always thought that he refused because he, in a way, WANTED to feel the pain... Maybe?

I've always thought that he refused because he, in a way, WANTED to feel the pain... Maybe?

I agree... I think there were 2 times he was offered it, the first time it had "gall" in it, the second time it was plain, without the gall. The purpose of the gall was like a narcotic, pain reliever etc.

I don't know if it was a "want" to feel all the pain and suffering, but He HAD to. :( If he would have accepted the gall, it would have dulled his senses and he might have not been able to give up His life willingly....

Quote:
This is what LG was talking about when verses can be taken more than one way. The Matthew verse I added below is wine mixed with gall, my dad told me (while processing rabbits) that the tiny part he cut off the liver was the gall bladder and that it was bitter. The wine is called vinegar in other verses so it had probably spoiled. Only guesses on my part. Each Gospel can have a different point of view about the same event, if gall was left out of one writers narrative then it still could have had gall in the liquid on the sponge. Did Jesus taste it once and it was offered again and He turned it down the second time because it was so foul? Pastors can be wrong about stuff like this if it is just "point of view" if they have special translation knowledge to add then that might clear up our problem in understanding.

Matthew 27 NASB
34 they gave Him wine to drink mixed with gall; and after tasting it, He was unwilling to drink.

Back
Top Bottom