prayer warriors (following Jesus Christ, everyone welcome)

Praise report so Joshua had his appointment with his orthopedic doctor today (he was born with club foot still getting treatment) anyways he was put back in cast and they took the last set off today and said that he didn't need another set that he could wear the braces (boots and bar) during naps and bedtime until they can have him schedule for his second surgery but now he can swim and play and be a boy YAY!! Oh and his feet are flat so he can walk on them first time he can truely walk on them he been able to do some steps flat footed but not like this GOD IS GREAT!!

This is wonderful news, and I can honestly say I know how you feel. My son with spina bifida had club feet. We went through a lot with. So many cast changes because they have to while they are young and growing. Then that bar. He also had hip surgery, so had the body cast. No fun!
So happy for Joshua! Swimming is a great thing for him to do...and fun!! I love good news like this, just love it!

Quote:
I also remember the pointing and asking. I had a lot to explain though, because back in the 80's, Spina Bifida was not well known. It was .. at that time..the number one birth defect. Well, they asked what was up...they got to listen.
big_smile.png
Social Awareness given.

I'm so sad to hear about your children with a club foot and spina b. I keep hearing how it must make us stronger or closer to God... and it probably does. My oldest (Asperger's) and middle (Autism) have mad my life richer.... and my thin thicker, backbone stronger. I will keep your sons in my prayers. Please try and remember to keep me in your updates. Love & Blessings, Amy S

I'm so sad to hear about your children with a club foot and spina b.  I keep hearing how it must make us stronger or closer to God... and it probably does.  My oldest (Asperger's) and middle (Autism) have mad my life richer.... and my thin thicker, backbone stronger.  I will keep your sons in my prayers.  Please try and remember to keep me in your updates.  Love & Blessings, Amy S

You're so nice

Welcome to the thread @ShinShien :hugs

We're here to help in any way we can. Amazing how close we can become to our furry and feathered friends! Just being blessed with their quiet trusting love is worth how short of time we get them. :)

@Jesusfreak101, that is awesome news! Praise God! :) :)

“TIMELY WISDOM”

God comes through on time in providing wisdom during situations in life that appear confusing. Throughout God’s word we read several accounts when individuals faced situations when timely wisdom was vital. They needed the timely wisdom of God to enforce God-honoring solutions to the present problem.

For example, Solomon asked God for wisdom on how to govern his people effectively, and God came through in timely wisdom when a dispute took place between two mothers and their children.

Daniel replied with discretion and wisdom to Nebuchadnezzar’s bodyguard when a decree went out to put him and his friends to death. God came through in timely wisdom for Daniel to not only communicate and function in times of turmoil, but God granted Daniel wisdom for the interpretation of the king’s dream.

Esther sought wisdom when she learned about the evil attempt of Haman regarding the annihilation of her people.

Ananias sought wisdom from God when called to follow God’s will and purpose when commanded to go lay his hands on Saul. In following God’s timely wisdom, Ananias’ obedience led to Saul regaining his sight and being filled with the Holy Spirit.

God’s word is a reminder to you that God is timeless, holds time, not bound by time because He created time. These accounts are just a few of several testimonies in the Bible for believers to stand firm and know that no matter what we face, God is timely as it relates to his promise of wisdom being activated and in full effect in your life. Don’t think for one moment that God will not show up on time for you, even when you feel and it appears that time is lost, the time is over, and you can’t regain time. God is the one who has a plan for your life and He always fulfills his purpose, plan, and will for your life in due season (HIS TIME!).

When you ask our heavenly Father for wisdom, He promises in His word to give it to you without finding fault. God’s timely wisdom will kick in in every situation, even when you naturally think you aren’t prepared to get through a particular issue. Be encouraged today that God will provide you with timely wisdom as it relates to every decision and aspect in your life. Trust Him. God is coming through for you!

If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask God, who gives generously to all without reproach, and it will be given him.
James 1:5 ESV
http://bible.com/59/jas.1.5.ESV

But Saul, still breathing threats and murder against the disciples of the Lord, went to the high priest and asked him for letters to the synagogues at Damascus, so that if he found any belonging to the Way, men or women, he might bring them bound to Jerusalem. Now as he went on his way, he approached Damascus, and suddenly a light from heaven shone around him. And falling to the ground, he heard a voice saying to him, "Saul, Saul, why are you persecuting me?" And he said, "Who are you, Lord?" And he said, "I am Jesus, whom you are persecuting. But rise and enter the city, and you will be told what you are to do." The men who were traveling with him stood speechless, hearing the voice but seeing no one. Saul rose from the ground, and although his eyes were opened, he saw nothing. So they led him by the hand and brought him into Damascus. And for three days he was without sight, and neither ate nor drank. Now there was a disciple at Damascus named Ananias. The Lord said to him in a vision, "Ananias." And he said, "Here I am, Lord." And the Lord said to him, "Rise and go to the street called Straight, and at the house of Judas look for a man of Tarsus named Saul, for behold, he is praying, and he has seen in a vision a man named Ananias come in and lay his hands on him so that he might regain his sight." But Ananias answered, "Lord, I have heard from many about this man, how much evil he has done to your saints at Jerusalem. And here he has authority from the chief priests to bind all who call on your name." But the Lord said to him, "Go, for he is a chosen instrument of mine to carry my name before the Gentiles and kings and the children of Israel. For I will show him how much he must suffer for the sake of my name." So Ananias departed and entered the house. And laying his hands on him he said, "Brother Saul, the Lord Jesus who appeared to you on the road by which you came has sent me so that you may regain your sight and be filled with the Holy Spirit." And immediately something like scales fell from his eyes, and he regained his sight. Then he rose and was baptized; and taking food, he was strengthened. For some days he was with the disciples at Damascus.
Acts 9:1‭-‬19 ESV
http://bible.com/59/act.9.1-19.ESV

In the second year of the reign of Nebuchadnezzar, Nebuchadnezzar had dreams; his spirit was troubled, and his sleep left him. Then the king commanded that the magicians, the enchanters, the sorcerers, and the Chaldeans be summoned to tell the king his dreams. So they came in and stood before the king. And the king said to them, "I had a dream, and my spirit is troubled to know the dream." Then the Chaldeans said to the king in Aramaic, "O king, live forever! Tell your servants the dream, and we will show the interpretation." The king answered and said to the Chaldeans, "The word from me is firm: if you do not make known to me the dream and its interpretation, you shall be torn limb from limb, and your houses shall be laid in ruins. But if you show the dream and its interpretation, you shall receive from me gifts and rewards and great honor. Therefore show me the dream and its interpretation." They answered a second time and said, "Let the king tell his servants the dream, and we will show its interpretation." The king answered and said, "I know with certainty that you are trying to gain time, because you see that the word from me is firm— if you do not make the dream known to me, there is but one sentence for you. You have agreed to speak lying and corrupt words before me till the times change. Therefore tell me the dream, and I shall know that you can show me its interpretation." The Chaldeans answered the king and said, "There is not a man on earth who can meet the king's demand, for no great and powerful king has asked such a thing of any magician or enchanter or Chaldean. The thing that the king asks is difficult, and no one can show it to the king except the gods, whose dwelling is not with flesh." Because of this the king was angry and very furious, and commanded that all the wise men of Babylon be destroyed. So the decree went out, and the wise men were about to be killed; and they sought Daniel and his companions, to kill them. Then Daniel replied with prudence and discretion to Arioch, the captain of the king's guard, who had gone out to kill the wise men of Babylon. He declared to Arioch, the king's captain, "Why is the decree of the king so urgent?" Then Arioch made the matter known to Daniel. And Daniel went in and requested the king to appoint him a time, that he might show the interpretation to the king. Then Daniel went to his house and made the matter known to Hananiah, Mishael, and Azariah, his companions, and told them to seek mercy from the God of heaven concerning this mystery, so that Daniel and his companions might not be destroyed with the rest of the wise men of Babylon.
Daniel 2:1‭-‬18 ESV
http://bible.com/59/dan.2.1-18.ESV

I have to share this one, too. Those of you who know my history, this one hits hard. I pray for other women out there, and men, that struggle with the crushing weight of feeling worthless.

Today’s Truth

He drew me out of deep waters ... he rescued me because he delighted in me. (Psalm 18:16-19)

Friend to Friend

Debbie was a pastor’s wife who felt worthless for years. She was verbally abused and emotionally abandoned in her marriage from the very beginning. She had been a virgin when she met her husband, so she knew something was very wrong when, seven months into their marriage, her husband went out of state for a “business trip” and gave Debbie a severe pelvic inflammatory disease when he got home.

Her doctors explained that she had gotten a bacterial infection that can only be sexually contracted. Debbie was hospitalized for five days and placed on strong medications. The IV antibiotics she received unknowingly rendered her birth control pills ineffective, and a pregnancy with their first child resulted. So Debbie stayed in the marriage, though she was wronged and mistreated.

“I was convinced that I deserved all that I encountered,” Debbie said. “I also remember licking my wounds with thoughts like, Well, at least I’m the wife, not the cheating lover.”

The shame of it all kept Debbie silent and trapped in an unsafe marriage. Behind closed doors she endured verbal cruelty, and she believed the lies of her abuser. When her husband was in a good mood, things were good at home. But if he was in a foul mood, Debbie bore the brunt of his abuse and anger.

Unfortunately, she endured the abuse for a long time before she left. Three kids, twenty-plus years, many affairs, and many lies later, Debbie finally had enough. She mustered up every ounce of courage she could find to leave and divorce her cheating, abusive, pastor husband.

You can imagine the scandal that took place in their church. Because the congregation was unaware of their pastor’s abusive and immoral behavior, Debbie was victimized all over again in the court of public opinion. She bore the weight of public shame, humility, anger, accusations, rebellion from her children, and never-ending feelings of defeat and worthlessness.

The weight of it all was heavy. So heavy that it pushed her into a deep pit of depression.

Debbie lost most everything in the divorce--her house, her identity, her financial stability, her dignity, and almost her sanity. In the aftermath, she even lost the intimate relationship she once had with Jesus Christ. She was still His daughter, saved by grace, but had run away from Him. Broken and angry, Debbie felt that God had let her down. She didn’t understand how God--who is supposed to be good, who is supposed to hear our prayers, who is supposed to be our Protector and Defender--didn’t protect her from the betrayal and the abuse. So, like Hagar, she ran to a desert to get away. Only Debbie ran to a desert of sin.

To soothe her pain, she temporarily turned to alcohol. The numbness she experienced from drinking brought an all-too-short reprieve from the sharp pains that pierced her heart when she was sober. And though she strayed from the heart of God and rebelled against His ways, He pursued her relentlessly. When she finally realized that her “victim mentality” had allowed her to trust a lying abuser instead of the God of truth, she turned back to the Lord.

In His mercy, God has restored Debbie’s broken faith into a beautiful faith.

He has redeemed her wounded heart and has filled her with His greater joy.

And though, like all of us, she still experiences struggles and pain, by faith Debbie now embraces God’s sovereignty and accepts His healing love. She is a changed woman. Changed by the unrelenting pursuit of God’s unconditional love.

Changed by the One who sees her as precious.

For a long time Debbie thought she was worthless because she was treated as if she were. She was told that she was. She believed what she heard from another person, even though what he said about her were lies. Debbie says, “I thought that I was a failure--that I didn’t deserve to be loved with integrity, honesty, and faithfulness--that I caused my husband to sin and commit adultery because I wasn’t good enough. I believed a whole pack of lies.”

Other people can make us feel worthless. It happens all the time...even within the church. If you are in a relationship that beats you down and causes you to feel like dirt, in the name of Jesus reject the lies that are being projected on you. That’s not who He says you are!

If you are being mistreated or abused, tell a trusted friend, meet with your pastor, or get with a professional Christian counselor right away.

And in all cases pray--without ceasing.

No abuser has the right to define who you are, to tell you what you think, to control or manipulate you, to tell you how you feel, or to condemn you for who you are or aren’t. Only the God of heaven has the right to define you, and when you are in Christ, you are perfectly beautiful in His righteousness...not broken.

He reached down from on high and took hold of me;
he drew me out of deep waters.
He rescued me from my powerful enemy,
from my foes, who were too strong for me.
They confronted me in the day of my disaster,
but the Lord was my support.
He brought me out into a spacious place;
he rescued me because he delighted in me.
(Psalm 18:16-19)

Let’s Pray

Dear Lord, Thank You for loving me for who I am, where I am. Please help me to accept this truth when I doubt my value and to lean on Your strength and support when I struggle.

In Jesus’ Name I pray,
Amen.

Now It’s Your Turn

Read 2 Thessalonians 2:13-17. What truths do these verses confirm about your value?

Who came to your mind as you read today’s devotion? She needs this message. Please pass it on to her.

SG, that was wonderfully and powerfully written. My heart cries for evey woman, man, or child who is caught up in an abusive poisonous relationship. As a child of God, I am the child of the KING. I am a daughter adopted into a royal family by the shed blood of my Savior, and am precious in His sight. No one has the right to abuse me. And no one has the right to abuse any other human being.

(Cistern under the Wailing Wall, Jerusalem)

Sometimes when I am in the garden or with the critters I see miracles that only a loving God could create.... a proud rooster doing his dance; a first egg laid by a young hen; a baby goat who can't wait to jump in your lap; a rose dripping with the morning dew.

What miracles did you see today?

Love & Blessings, Amy S

I see my God taking care of even the minor details in my life. I decided to make lasagna for supper. Had just enough frozen sauce that I had made. Went looking for lasagna noodles. Only found a partially filled box. Certainly not enough noodles in that box. Turned the kitchen upside down, no more boxes of lasagna noodles to be found. Too late to call hubby to bring some home. That would make supper too late. Too late to go to the store. I decided to count the noodles, and add some other pasta to make up the difference. There were exactly 9 noodles in that box. I need 9 noodles to make a three layer 9 x 13 pan! Thank you God. He knows my every need, and supplies just enough!

Today, I was tossing out the old squash. One of the hubbards had started rotting on one end. Looked pretty nasty. Instead of tossing the whole thing, I took it out and smashed it on a rock. The back end was not rotted at all, just enough to give the birds some seeds and fresh (well... kind of fresh) squash. There are 2 intact hubbards downstairs. Not bad, as we are moving into gardening season to still have 40+ # of useable squash. I'll cook some for the freezer, for meals, and give the rest to the birds. Thank you God.

Miracles: they abound all around me. A robin flying back to her construction site, carrying more dried grass than any bird should be able to carry, while her mate stood watch. The joy of my salvation. There is no greater miracle than this: For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that who ever believes in Him shall not perish but have everlasting life. In spite of the economic uncertainty that abounds, in spite of the international strife and continued threats from many nations could destroy our peace at any given moment, I know that my God holds my days and my future in His hand. The sound of the spring frogs peeping in the wet areas. Why, i even consider compost to be a never ending miracle. Watching a chick dancing inside an egg. When ever i witness the miracle of seeing a chick dancing in an egg, I believe she is dancing in worship of God. Psalm 149:3 “Let them praise his name with dancing!”

I'm asking you all to be in prayer for my brother. He was scheduled for an other surgery to clear some blockage in his intestines. He's s/p treatment and ostomy to treat colon cancer. He's been very sick. Now, back to your regularly scheduled programming... Moving on to bigger and better things!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom