prayer warriors (following Jesus Christ, everyone welcome)

Thank you shortgrass, and thanks tlmcq, I keep both in mind. I know my weakness goes hand in hand with some of my human strength like my imagination. It's easly influneced. I have photographic memory and that doesn't help either in some cases I have to be vigilant in alot of areas that I neglected lately. To tired to think I guess but I am not now and. Will continue to strength my spirit.

Why the long face, Jake? It affects us all at times, that feeling of not being good enough... Just have to recognize it for what it is, just a feeling, not the truth :)

My Dear Shortgrass,
I just love reading your posts... they always lift my spirits.

This one leaves me struggling.

As a very "shy" person I was led to open a retail shop (an art gallery).  I was overwhelmed, grateful and blessed to have strangers love (and purchase) my art.  Despite the displeasure of my landlord I created many, many Christian paintings (along with many secular paintings).  After six years of being in the public eye (24/7)  I used my platform to minister to many people.  In November I started to get burned out.  For the past several months I have been spending most of my time on our farm. My outstanding staff have kept the gallery running smoothly (better than I did).  I have loved (and been relieved) of my time away from people and with my farm animals.  I'm so exhausted from having to be "on" and entertain people in my gallery.  When people come to our B&B it's a very limited entertainment commitment (which I love).  Should I feel guilty that I am not at my gallery ministering to customers and local town folk?  Is God simply leading me to a different type of ministry?  I want to use my gift as God intends.  Am I being selfish, or could something be around the corner that I am just not seeing yet?  

If you read this... I would really value your thoughts.
As always,
Love & Blessings,
Amy S 

Aww :hugs Thank you! I would be honored and happy to help! :)

I don't think you're being selfish at all! I think there comes a time when we all need to pause and reflect, recharge, and change the perspective...

Reminds me of beet harvest...

We live in sugar beet country. 10 months out of the year, we don't see much of the beet trucks. But for 2 months every fall, the highway and roads are littered with sugar beets, creating hazards all over the place. If you've never seen a sugar beet, imagine a rock hard beet a little bigger than a football. Road hazards, seriously :p

Anyway, these trucks try to put so many beets in one load that they fall off the truck when they go over railroad tracks or around corners, and they can even take a corner too sharp and tip the whole thing over and lose the whole load.

We tend to overload our "beet trucks". We create these huge expectations of ourselves and how many people we need to minister to or gather to Christ and try to control it on our own. We pile on more than we can handle and if we aren't super careful, we can haphazardly toss beets all over the place, or even worse, lose our whole load and end up having a nervous breakdown ;)

I don't believe we are meant to go go go. I believe we need rest, and God gives us rest in giving us night, and seasons. Sugar beet season is fairly short, which is nice. Otherwise there would be beets all over 365 days a year and the drivers would get worn out and the trucks would need more maintenance. They would also get burned out on doing the same thing day after day, instead of moving on to corn harvest etc. God doesn't overload us and cause us to burn out. We do that to ourselves. We need to let Jesus take the wheel and guide us while we rest...

The truth is, we don't know what God's up to. We don't know what He has in store for us tomorrow, so we need to trust in Him to lead us through the day. He might be giving you a new opportunity to serve those that would never end up in your gallery. He could be training up one if your employees to increase while you decrease. He could be keeping you closer to someone that needs help in your immediate vicinity. He might just be giving you a much needed rest.

There are some great verses that would help with this...

Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths. Be not wise in your own eyes; fear the Lord , and turn away from evil. It will be healing to your flesh and refreshment to your bones.
Proverbs 3:5‭-‬8 ESV
http://bible.com/59/pro.3.5-8.ESV

For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, declares the Lord . For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts.
Isaiah 55:8‭-‬9 ESV
http://bible.com/59/isa.55.8-9.ESV

For everything there is a season, and a time for every matter under heaven: a time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up what is planted; a time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up; a time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance; a time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together; a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing; a time to seek, and a time to lose; a time to keep, and a time to cast away; a time to tear, and a time to sew; a time to keep silence, and a time to speak; a time to love, and a time to hate; a time for war, and a time for peace.
Ecclesiastes 3:1‭-‬8 ESV
http://bible.com/59/ecc.3.1-8.ESV

What gain has the worker from his toil? I have seen the business that God has given to the children of man to be busy with. He has made everything beautiful in its time. Also, he has put eternity into man's heart, yet so that he cannot find out what God has done from the beginning to the end. I perceived that there is nothing better for them than to be joyful and to do good as long as they live; also that everyone should eat and drink and take pleasure in all his toil—this is God's gift to man.
Ecclesiastes 3:9‭-‬13 ESV
http://bible.com/59/ecc.3.9-13.ESV

For I will satisfy the weary soul, and every languishing soul I will replenish."
Jeremiah 31:25 ESV
http://bible.com/59/jer.31.25.ESV

Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light."
Matthew 11:28‭-‬30 ESV
http://bible.com/59/mat.11.28-30.ESV

preach the word; be ready in season and out of season; reprove, rebuke, and exhort, with complete patience and teaching.
2 Timothy 4:2 ESV
http://bible.com/59/2ti.4.2.ESV

And whatever you do, in word or deed, do everything in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.
Colossians 3:17 ESV
http://bible.com/59/col.3.17.ESV

Thank you shortgrass, and thanks tlmcq, I keep both in mind. I know my weakness goes hand in hand with some of my human strength like my imagination. It's easly influneced. I have photographic memory and that doesn't help either in some cases I have to be vigilant in alot of areas that I neglected lately. To tired to think I guess but I am not now and. Will continue to strength my spirit.

Sure thing dear :hugs I will keep you in my prayers! Just remember...

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things. What you have learned and received and heard and seen in me—practice these things, and the God of peace will be with you.
Philippians 4:8‭-‬9 ESV
http://bible.com/59/php.4.8-9.ESV

Biblical Secrets to a Happy Marriage

Day 2

“Ask God to open your eyes to what you most need to know about your spouse”

It is common in marriage to pray for wisdom and understanding – but when was the last time you prayed for knowledge?

It turns out: we need to. In the Bible – and in the research – it is clear that it is usually not the big-ticket issues (in-laws, money, sex) that cause the problems in a marriage – or which lead to mutual delight. It is how we handle those things. It is the daily unspoken beliefs, assumptions, and practices that make the difference regardless of the big issues.

The vast majority of people in our research – more than 99% -- deeply care about their mate. Even in difficult marriages! We are trying hard, but we simply don’t know some of the things that matter most to our mate. We don’t “get” some of their deepest needs. We honestly don’t recognize their hidden vulnerabilities, fears and insecurities. So we are trying hard in the wrong areas. Or worse, we hurt them without intending to.

So we get upset and demoralized that She doesn’t appreciate everything I do for her. Or he doesn’t care about me. We respond defensively, or out of our hurt – and the whole thing spirals down.

For example, a husband might be working sixty-hour weeks to provide for his wife and say “I love you” – but what if that makes her (like seven out of ten women) feel abandoned because what she most needs is his presence? Or a wife might be exhausting herself late into the night to make sure the house is clean and beautiful for him – but what if he most needs (like nine out of ten men) is their intimate time together?

We need to SEE those things that matter, so we try hard in the right areas and avoid tragically unnecessary hurt to the person we care about most.

Are the rooms of your house filled with joy and delight? Or with confusion and heartache? The bible says it is through the right knowledge that our life together will be filled with rare and precious treasures.

Ask God today to open your eyes to see the things that matter most, that you just didn’t see before. They are often small. But they are immensely powerful, and – for you and me – nearly priceless.

Lord, open my eyes to see those things that matter most to my spouse – and those things that hurt them. If I’m operating under the wrong assumptions, please change my mind. Help me to be the person my spouse needs, so that our home can be filled with those rare and precious treasures. Amen.

By wisdom a house is built, and by understanding it is established; by knowledge the rooms are filled with all precious and pleasant riches.
Proverbs 24:3‭-‬4 ESV
http://bible.com/59/pro.24.3-4.ESV

I appeal to you therefore, brothers, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable to God, which is your spiritual worship. Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.
Romans 12:1‭-‬2 ESV
http://bible.com/59/rom.12.1-2.ESV

Wow... it's a good thing my husband left early and the kids aren't here. I'm sitting on the couch crying like a baby.

I think I read your response three times already and I'll print it out to read it again later. I didn't realize how much pressure I had been loading onto my own shoulders. "A time to rest" has never even occurred to me.

Today I can start with a new perspective. I'm so happy to have found you and this group. God shows up in the craziest places! Virtual hugs to you!
Love & Blessings,
Your Friend,
Amy S

Yes, the B&B is such a different set of tasks. At the gallery I am interacting with hundreds of people a day... (exhausting). At the B&B it is a very brief interaction.

You are so right... I just might be having a guest or two that needs a more intimate and private setting. For many people just having the gift of a farm setting to spend some quiet time in is all they really need. I am a willing and happy servant to provide the sanctuary they are looking for!

Just waking up to the faint sounds of roosters crowing is a blessing!

Thanks for your response!
Love & Blessings!
Amy S

I'm so glad I found this. I'm enjoying all the reading:) It's amazing how God sends just what we need. My marriage is not what anyone would call a dream marriage. I honestly don't know if/when my hubs is cheating on me. Why? For me it's not a Mind thing. It's because I've never known when he cheated in the past. Life isn't easy this way. But in So many ways my marriage is amazing! Why? Because I have such an intimate relationship wIth God where I tell God anything and everything. .. and He answers my prayers to His glory. Not in my time tables (I want a transformed in God's image hubs right now. ... for some reason God says wait. ...I need to work in your life. I want you to be totally transformed in my image. I want YOUR heart to be strong.) So God wOrks for our good even though it may not feel like it at the time. So my focus isn't whether my hubs is living in God's image. It is whether I am living in God's image. Because of this focus my marriage is amazing for where it is. Of course I keep Praying for healing and restoration but I rest and trust in God. And he gives such peace. The marriage Bible study hits the spot. And I see that's why my marriage is as smooth as it is. Because I'm trusting It to God and following His way! He's awesome even in the valley's! Serve Him! ...... I'm praying for you

Last edited:
Hello friends I come in need of prayer. I'd be what you might call a cussing Christian. I believe in my
2764.png
that Jesus died for my sin's,and have a very regular prayer relationship with him. It's just that even though there's an abundance of love I have in my heart, it doesn't come out so flowery!!! Man what a temper! Potty mouth. I'm a Steel Worker and I work with a salty lot. Not an excuse just an observation. I sure would appreciate a prayer or two for me and my family. If you can manage don't tell the big guy to beat on me!!! Lovingly lead
1f601.png

I will pray for you! Out of the abundance of the heart, the mouth speaketh. I will pray for a clean, pure heart, attitude and mouth. God is able! If we truly want to change and show forth His fruits, He will help us. Many prayers! Follow Jesus with your whole heart, mind and soul.

I been having problems not so much with my husband himself he been sweet and loving. But with my self or whether my thoughts trying to keep my thoughts from negative things like he just here because of some dumb reason that pops into my head or that he living a double life when I am not around (santans favorite or that I am a bad person) he likes using my emotions the butt. Anyways I read something of Facebook about how this family were going on vacation and the father tells his wife your never happy anymore. She couldnt deny it but looked in the back seat at her kids and saw her daughter mirrored her becssue anytime she was upset her daughter being a child assumed it was her. I remember that feeling as a little girl so much so at seven a nearly committed suicide but God stopped me long story but he did so I am here. I remember my parents fighting and I thought I was to blame. But it struck me as II get frustrated not finishing a task just like that mother. I don't always just enjoy they day and try to find what she said the flowers and instead of the weeds. I don't want my daughter to get to that same point. What I get done is what I get done but I going to make myself forget about worrying whether or not my husband telling me the truth because if he wasn't he wouldn't be here for one for two his Action don't matter mine do. The way I react the way i put my trust in God is what mstters God has me here for a reason why not sure but I am her I have my passions for a reason and working on the things I need to do but Its more Important that I stay in God's peace and joy then I need to have the house clean or the animals stalls clean or whatever needs to be done. I have two children that need emotional stability and be shown how to love more the the work that needs to be done. (My conclusion of the day) so no matter what I struggle with just like Paul I am going to be singing/praising God. That's my goal for now on.
JF, Just last night, I was wondering how you were doing. Thanks for popping in. Know that I am still praying for you.

My Dear Shortgrass,
I just love reading your posts... they always lift my spirits.

This one leaves me struggling.

As a very "shy" person I was led to open a retail shop (an art gallery). I was overwhelmed, grateful and blessed to have strangers love (and purchase) my art. Despite the displeasure of my landlord I created many, many Christian paintings (along with many secular paintings). After six years of being in the public eye (24/7) I used my platform to minister to many people. In November I started to get burned out. For the past several months I have been spending most of my time on our farm. My outstanding staff have kept the gallery running smoothly (better than I did). I have loved (and been relieved) of my time away from people and with my farm animals. I'm so exhausted from having to be "on" and entertain people in my gallery. When people come to our B&B it's a very limited entertainment commitment (which I love). Should I feel guilty that I am not at my gallery ministering to customers and local town folk? Is God simply leading me to a different type of ministry? I want to use my gift as God intends. Am I being selfish, or could something be around the corner that I am just not seeing yet?

If you read this... I would really value your thoughts.
As always,
Love & Blessings,
Amy S
Amy, even Jesus withdrew from the crowds. He retreated to a mountain top to refresh himself in time spent in communion with His Father. We all have seasons of our lives. I am also a shy person, so know what you are saying. It is draining to be surrounded by people all the time. In my work, I have to turn on the bubbling personality to get the best outcome for my patients. But at the end of the day, I must retreat to some solitude, where I can watch and interact with my animals, and enjoy the beauty of the world around me.

Back
Top Bottom