prayer warriors (following Jesus Christ, everyone welcome)

Why the long face, Jake? It affects us all at times, that feeling of not being good enough... Just have to recognize it for what it is, just a feeling, not the truth :)
Aww :hugs Thank you! I would be honored and happy to help! :)

I don't think you're being selfish at all! I think there comes a time when we all need to pause and reflect, recharge, and change the perspective...

Reminds me of beet harvest...

We live in sugar beet country. 10 months out of the year, we don't see much of the beet trucks. But for 2 months every fall, the highway and roads are littered with sugar beets, creating hazards all over the place. If you've never seen a sugar beet, imagine a rock hard beet a little bigger than a football. Road hazards, seriously :p

Anyway, these trucks try to put so many beets in one load that they fall off the truck when they go over railroad tracks or around corners, and they can even take a corner too sharp and tip the whole thing over and lose the whole load.

We tend to overload our "beet trucks". We create these huge expectations of ourselves and how many people we need to minister to or gather to Christ and try to control it on our own. We pile on more than we can handle and if we aren't super careful, we can haphazardly toss beets all over the place, or even worse, lose our whole load and end up having a nervous breakdown ;)

I don't believe we are meant to go go go. I believe we need rest, and God gives us rest in giving us night, and seasons. Sugar beet season is fairly short, which is nice. Otherwise there would be beets all over 365 days a year and the drivers would get worn out and the trucks would need more maintenance. They would also get burned out on doing the same thing day after day, instead of moving on to corn harvest etc. God doesn't overload us and cause us to burn out. We do that to ourselves. We need to let Jesus take the wheel and guide us while we rest...

The truth is, we don't know what God's up to. We don't know what He has in store for us tomorrow, so we need to trust in Him to lead us through the day. He might be giving you a new opportunity to serve those that would never end up in your gallery. He could be training up one if your employees to increase while you decrease. He could be keeping you closer to someone that needs help in your immediate vicinity. He might just be giving you a much needed rest.

There are some great verses that would help with this...

Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths. Be not wise in your own eyes; fear the Lord , and turn away from evil. It will be healing to your flesh and refreshment to your bones.
Proverbs 3:5‭-‬8 ESV
http://bible.com/59/pro.3.5-8.ESV

For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, declares the Lord . For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts.
Isaiah 55:8‭-‬9 ESV
http://bible.com/59/isa.55.8-9.ESV

For everything there is a season, and a time for every matter under heaven: a time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up what is planted; a time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up; a time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance; a time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together; a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing; a time to seek, and a time to lose; a time to keep, and a time to cast away; a time to tear, and a time to sew; a time to keep silence, and a time to speak; a time to love, and a time to hate; a time for war, and a time for peace.
Ecclesiastes 3:1‭-‬8 ESV
http://bible.com/59/ecc.3.1-8.ESV

What gain has the worker from his toil? I have seen the business that God has given to the children of man to be busy with. He has made everything beautiful in its time. Also, he has put eternity into man's heart, yet so that he cannot find out what God has done from the beginning to the end. I perceived that there is nothing better for them than to be joyful and to do good as long as they live; also that everyone should eat and drink and take pleasure in all his toil—this is God's gift to man.
Ecclesiastes 3:9‭-‬13 ESV
http://bible.com/59/ecc.3.9-13.ESV

For I will satisfy the weary soul, and every languishing soul I will replenish."
Jeremiah 31:25 ESV
http://bible.com/59/jer.31.25.ESV

Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light."
Matthew 11:28‭-‬30 ESV
http://bible.com/59/mat.11.28-30.ESV

preach the word; be ready in season and out of season; reprove, rebuke, and exhort, with complete patience and teaching.
2 Timothy 4:2 ESV
http://bible.com/59/2ti.4.2.ESV

And whatever you do, in word or deed, do everything in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.
Colossians 3:17 ESV
http://bible.com/59/col.3.17.ESV

Cheating husband :(

Just a some food for thought. You do realize by living a godly life and letting Jesus shine thru us we are constantly ministering. You never know who is watching and wondering what they are seeing in you that they are longing for. Sometimes you never even have to say anything. People see Him in you. And honestly to people who have had a bad experience or think of "religion" in negative way can automatically shut out anything you say, but everyone responds to the kindness,joy and love only Jesus can give and see shining thru you. So eventhough you think you are taking a break your always ministering. It's a break from the environment not the ministry.

Last edited:
Acts 2New American Standard Bible (NASB)
The Day of Pentecost

2 When the day of Pentecost had come, they were all together in one place. 2 And suddenly there came from heaven a noise like a violent rushing wind, and it filled the whole house where they were sitting. 3 And there appeared to them tongues as of fire distributing themselves, and they rested on each one of them. 4 And they were all filled with the Holy Spirit and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit was giving them utterance.
5 Now there were Jews living in Jerusalem, devout men from every nation under heaven. 6 And when this sound occurred, the crowd came together, and were bewildered because each one of them was hearing them speak in his own language. 7 They were amazed and astonished, saying, “Why, are not all these who are speaking Galileans? 8 And how is it that we each hear them in our own language to which we were born?

Dear LazyGardner,

"Even Jesus withdrew from the crowds"... wow. That is my new "go-to" line... to help myself remember that it is OK to retreat. Thank You!

Do you mind me asking?... You have patients... What do you do for a living?

Today was exhilarating with my new found attitude.

I spent 8 hours painting the front of the house with our trusty handy-man "Dan". Who knew Dan had SO MUCH to say?! He was kind, thoughtful, and very happy to have a listening ear. The house glows with soft yellow paint and green shutters. (BIG change from grey on grey!) He will be staying at the B&B with his gal in Oct. for their anniversary.... and can't wait to show off all of his handy-work.

Today was satisfying both personally and spiritually. I think I had a completely different perspective going into today because of all of your kind support and comments.

I'm really appreciate ALL of you for your help, advice and quotes from the Bible.
From one GRATEFUL Gal,
Love & Blessings,
Amy S

Amy, I am a Physical Therapist Assistant. I work per diem at a skilled nursing facility. I am a bit like Paul: I know what it is to have plenty (of work, with the pay check that goes along with it) and I know what it is to have very little. I haven't worked an hour in 3 or more weeks. I love to work at my paid job, and I love to be home. As long as the bills get paid, I am content, and God has done some incredible creative accounting through the years for my hubby and me. Thankfully, my hubby is supportive, and not pushing me to rush out and find more hours.

Can't really catch up on reading right now. Had my surgery yesterday and my eyes are pretty swollen and black and blue..so a pretty color. :) I do have to keep turning eggs though. Thought I would share the cutest thing. A friend brought over a couple of duck eggs..racoon got mom and other eggs. These 2 were good. Seeing these cute little feet made me giggle pretty good. Felt good to see this little life moving around. I have only hatched ducks once before..same friend... same problem few years back. God let me feel happy over a couple of things today. The other was when my DH went out to put feed in one of the feeders..and all of my birds running to catch up with him. They knew where he was going. lol..I have a wonderful man that is taking care of me..what a blessing he has been in my life.

Last edited:
God is amazin!! Joshua been moved fro m cast to boots and bar during nights and naps. While waiting for second surgery and he had the removed on Tuesday this picture was taking Thursday he learned how to go from sitting to standing he can't hold it long but he flat footed and standing. Last night we went to see my parents who we camping near by the place was beautiful, it was magical in God's way. Fireflies light thebnight, camp fire, stars , beautiful trees a river and water falls was amazing. And today we went back to play in the water with them the kids had a blast as did I will say through that water was cold!! Lucy has gotten so tall!! They both have grown so much and see both amazingly sweet and loving children I am so blessed and proun
d of them. Oh and here or the geese and ducks enjoying a swim.

Can't really catch up on reading right now. Had my surgery yesterday and my eyes are pretty swollen and black and blue..so a pretty color. :) I do have to keep turning eggs though. Thought I would share the cutest thing. A friend brought over a couple of duck eggs..racoon got mom and other eggs. These 2 were good. Seeing these cute little feet made me giggle pretty good. Felt good to see this little life moving around. I have only hatched ducks once before..same friend... same problem few years back. God let me feel happy over a couple of things today. The other was when my DH went out to put feed in one of the feeders..and all of my birds running to catch up with him. They knew where he was going. lol..I have a wonderful man that is taking care of me..what a blessing he has been in my life.

I've been praying and wondering how your surgery went! I was sure I want dreaming it all up but I searched and searched and couldn't find your msg to ask you. Hope the healing goes smoothly and that you are getting the help you were looking for!..
Those feet are so cute!

Last edited:
Thank you so much for the prayers! God is amazing!

JF.....So happy that baby is doing so well!

Last edited:
Awesome pics JF. And Glad your surgery is behind you Cynthia. Now, all you need to do is heal! Praise God for fantastic wonderful supportive loving husbands. I am a woman blessed above all women in that department.

Back
Top Bottom