prayer warriors (following Jesus Christ, everyone welcome)

Yes. Finishing up a series in which Isaiah 55 was compared with John 1: 1-12 today. The church was full during first service, and packed out during second, with them having to set up extra chairs.
DS church usually has two services, but had one today so they held it in the High School auditorium. It was packed. A far cry from my little country church where we have maybe a dozen people on a good Sunday. I will admit, I missed singing the traditional Easter hymns today.

I have to share this: A tribute to Neil. He was an accomplished musician, and designer of custom guitars, ukeleles, paddle guitars, and drums.

I never knew this man during his life time, but am well acquainted with several of his sisters. The sister I know the best has a golden voice, is an eloquent speaker, has led many women's devotional/spiritual conferences. I was privileged to act as her assistant when we shared a trip to Guatemala. She condensed one of her women's 3 day conferences down to a single day of English translated to Spanish which touched many lives. She has a heart of gold.

Her world was recently rocked to it's foundation when her beloved brother, and best friend Neil was stricken with esophogeal cancer. He died 7 days ago. His funeral was held at our church yesterday. While hubby and I never met him, we went to his funeral to support his sister. We were not prepared for what we saw: The 2 parking lots were over flowing with cars. And still they kept coming. They were lined up along both streets that the church corner lot abuts. Inside, every single seat in the sanctuary was filled. All the rest of the available chairs in the connecting fellowship hall were taken. People were standing in the aisles.

Hundreds of people who were total strangers to me. The service was filled with one testimony after an other, telling how this dear man has impacted their lives. All spoke of a gentle spirited man who was so very strong in Jesus. It was evident to all that he was in Christ, and Christ was in him. This morning, I got to talk briefly to Neil's sister. She said there were a LOT of folks there who were not believers in our Jesus. One was a business client of hers. That woman left before the service was over b/c she was overwhelmed coming face to face with the Christ relationships she was witnessing. She said, "It was too intense."

So, I come today asking: When the end of the day comes, Is Jesus too intense? The final questions for every single person alive: Who is Jesus? And, Who is Jesus to you? What will you do with Jesus?

Back
Top Bottom