prayer warriors (following Jesus Christ, everyone welcome)

Also (gosh, sorry to keep posting here!)
I’ve started listening l God-honoring music. I love music (and have rather specific taste) and I was previously listening to music that, I wouldn’t say was bad but was definitely secular and would sometimes have inappropriate meanings.

I realized how much it impacted me. I repeat lyrics to myself throughout the day, and if it was not God honoring, then I’d have music in my head throughout the day that made me feel… I don’t know… dead? Glum? Something that just doesn’t make my soul feel joy. But when I’m listening to God centered music, I notice my mood has been more cheerful, since what’s running through my head all day is inspiring and comforting.

Gosh, that probably makes 0 sense.

I hope your doctor appointments are going smoothly! :hugs

I just started exercising… before it was… oh, a walk here or there… :oops:… plus some ice cream there… brownies here… all-nighters there… a veggie once-in-a-blue-moon…😅
Just trying to focus on my health, especially as I’m still young and I know it’s easier to change lifestyle/healthy habits/weight sooner rather than later.

I’ve also found focusing on physical health has improved mental health which has improved spiritual health, and mental health has improved spiritual health which has improved physical health.
Thanks! They’re… going. 😬🤣🙈

And Im in the same boat! Lol so hard to cut the junk 🤣😭

I’ve started listening l God-honoring music. I love music (and have rather specific taste) and I was previously listening to music that, I wouldn’t say was bad but was definitely secular and would sometimes have inappropriate meanings.

I realized how much it impacted me. I repeat lyrics to myself throughout the day, and if it was not God honoring, then I’d have music in my head throughout the day that made me feel… I don’t know… dead? Glum? Something that just doesn’t make my soul feel joy. But when I’m listening to God centered music, I notice my mood has been more cheerful, since what’s running through my head all day is inspiring and comforting.

makes perfect sense. modern music is evil's tool to keep young people away from God. have you noticed that modern music sounds a lot like beating and baby repeating? it serves to make those who listen to it dummy.

It does make sense. Secular music can’t offer you the same kind of hope and joy God does. Christian/Worship music reminds you of who God is and what he has promised us. It sets your mind on the things that are above. Of course that will make you happier and give you hope!

“If then you have been raised with Christ, seek the things that are above, where Christ is, seated at the right hand of God. Set your minds on things that are above, not on things that are on earth. For you have died, and your life is hidden with Christ in God.”
‭‭Colossians‬ ‭3:1-3‬ ‭ESV‬‬

No, you're 100% right on. Scripture tells us to guard the avenues of the soul. Not sure where that is exactly. I'll look for it. But it says whatsoever things are pure, lovely, ... hang on....

Philippians 4:8 KJV
Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.

Music sticks in your head. So you only want to listen to good stuff. Ah, here is the text I was looking for:

Proverbs 4:23 KJV
Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life.

Only put into your heart (mind) what can glorify God and draw you close to Him! Satan will certainly use it to his purposes if we let him.

Back
Top Bottom