prayer warriors (following Jesus Christ, everyone welcome)

Hey everyone!
So there's a fire really close to us, about a mile away. Some dummy decided it would be a good idea to burn stuff (It's really dry here and we're probably on a burn ban) and caused a fire that burned 120 acres. It's controlled now and they'll just let it burn out. We're safe though thankfully!
So prayers would be appreciated!

Hey everyone!
So there's a fire really close to us, about a mile away. Some dummy decided it would be a good idea to burn stuff (It's really dry here and we're probably on a burn ban) and caused a fire that burned 120 acres. It's controlled now and they'll just let it burn out. We're safe though thankfully!
So prayers would be appreciated!
Hi, Tookie! Glad to hear this fire is under control. Praying it stays that way! Years ago my then-teenage son wanted to help out while his dad was sick in the hospital and decided to burn a field around our house. When I realized what he was doing, he had started several small fires in the tall dead grass on three sides of us. I asked him where was the hose and how did he expect to control several fires at once. He gave me a blank stare and said, Hose? I read him the riot act and told him that by about 2 am he was going to have about 20 volunteer fireman getting out of bed to rescue us and to put all those fires out RIGHT NOW. I've got this, Mom, he said confidently, even arrogantly. Well, about 2 am as we stood out there watching the volunteer firemen clean up his mess (and put out the fire in our storage shed) I didn't say a word. But he humbly said, Gee I hate it when you're right, Mom.
Thank God it wasn't a windy night and nobody else's property was damaged.

Someone once said Experience is a stern teacher but you never forget her lessons.

Back
Top Bottom