Prayers PLEASE!!!

Yes she opens her eyes for short periods of time.. my poor dad broke down.. I had to hold him, kept telling him she will be ok.. my dad does NOT cry easy at all

I'm glad she's opening her eyes, that's a good improvement! :hugs I'm sure this whole ordeal has been super rough on your family, it's good you were able to be there to comfort your dad. Still keeping your family in my prayers.

I'm glad she's opening her eyes, that's a good improvement! :hugs I'm sure this whole ordeal has been super rough on your family, it's good you were able to be there to comfort your dad. Still keeping your family in my prayers.

Thank you! This is all very difficult on us. I've tried to be the rock for everyone right now and my fiancee is trying to be the rock for me. My dad was in the Marines in vietnam, he was also a firefighter. He's very tough and rarely cries. However he broke down when telling me how my sister acted and I just held him and let him know things were going to be ok. My sister took my son's picture and put it on her shoulder, she laid her head on it and cried!! My dad had to leave the room.

If your sister understands what has happened to her, she might have been thinking that she has lost the pregnancy. . . . That would explain the tears, which are a very strange reaction to the picture of a small child otherwise. Of course, that's assuming that her being pregnant is good news (for some of my nieces, it wasn't, not at all; which could also account for the crying).

Saying thanks for all of the progress, and praying for all of you,

If your sister understands what has happened to her, she might have been thinking that she has lost the pregnancy. . . . That would explain the tears, which are a very strange reaction to the picture of a small child otherwise. Of course, that's assuming that her being pregnant is good news (for some of my nieces, it wasn't, not at all; which could also account for the crying).

Saying thanks for all of the progress, and praying for all of you,

Thank you. We let her know the baby is fine though. Idk, just wish there was more I could do

The uncontrolled crying is often part of the brain injury process. It's good news that she is awake, and that she knows you. That she responds to pictures and what you're saying is good. Coma has multiple stages, and she is working her way through them. You can expect a lot of crying, and even a lot of anger. It's all part of the process. Hardest for families to watch, I'm sure.

Lazy Gardener knows more about these things than I do; I just know a brain that isn't working as it normally does can do some strange things. Add the heightened emotional state of a pregnant woman to a brain injury - sounds like the recipe for an emotional mess to me! But kind of like dealing with an elderly person or an over-tired toddler, you don't want to let the "drama" get to you; they're not really in control of themselves, and they don't really mean it.

Quote: Yep, what she said. My son's father suffered a traumatic brain injury in a car accident, and it's been challenging. The road has been long getting to where he is now, but he's made progress slowly along the way. Continued thoughts and prayers.

Thank yall! She sat up in a chair for about 2 hours. They are going to do a swallow test tomorrow and are hoping to get her into a therapy home this weekened :).

Back
Top Bottom