Pregnant barn cat *update* We have kittens!

That's such a good story chickenaddict! It's a good thing you took her in so she didn't have to birth and raise kittens in the street.

Laynadon95 ~ Aww they are so cute!! But I think the cutest one is the Calico!
love.gif

ChickenAddict ~ What a Great Story! So Happy it all turned out so well!
love.gif

love.gif
Sooooo cute! I really enjoyed reading all 22 pages of this thread! Brought back alot of memories for me. Years ago when I was about 14-15 getting ready to start high school my little sister came running in the house to tell me there was a fat kitten laying in the street corner, too fat to move. I rushed out the door to see for myself and there laid a teeny tiny fat calico kitten. Well sort of a kitten, about 3 months old and extremely pregnant. She was all belly. After going door to door in the neighborhood trying to find her owners I didn't have any luck or noone wanted to admit she was theirs. I took her in even tho the place we were renting didn't allow pets. My mom was a single parent of 3 girls and struggled to make ends meet as it was. There was a little mom and pop store down the block from our house, the owners were very nice to me and I had asked them if they had any work for me to do in exchange for cat food and litter. They didn't hesitate to put me right to work :) A few weeks went by and the cat was soooo happy to be with me in our home. She woke me up really early the first day of 9th grade, she was wet (her water broke) and scared. I woke my mom up and begged to stay home from school so I could be with my cat. I named her muffin, she was a calico and such a sweetheart. I stayed home that day to watch the birth and be there to comfort her. Her very last baby was breech and very large, she had a heck of a time trying to push that little bugger out so I helped by gently pulling. Once the baby was out I noticed the cord wrapped around his neck. mama quickly chewed the cord from his neck and he took his first gasp. I was relieved! It was an amazing experience to witness. She had a total of 5 babies. The people who owned the store took 2 of the kittens and I found homes for the remaining 3. After the kittens were weaned and off to their new homes we got muffin spayed. She lived for 14 years and was the best cat ever! Congrats on the kittens and giving the mama a nice safe place to stay :D
That is so sweet! That's like a movie story!
love.gif

Ooh! Yes! I do have pictures! I forgot to post them here! Sorry.
roll.png

10.4 oz.

9.9 oz.

12.2 oz. (Jack must starve this one. =P)

10.3 oz.

9.0 oz. (I had to post this because of the face he's making! hahahaha)

9.0 oz.

She looks like a little cat!
love.gif

She was the second one to realize that there was an outside world.

She is pretty adorable. She already has a taker, though. We are keeping either the Ginger or the really fat one. Fatty is the sweetest tempered of them all with the Calico in close second. They are all cuddly though.
love.gif

*whisper* want one? =P

Thanks for the pics - it gave me my kitten fix for the day and made me smile. Got any pics of Jack? I bet she is so happy to be unpregnant.

I'll take a picture of her on her next trip outside of the kitten box. I have another one of her pregnant that I want to put next to it. We call it her pancake belly picture. She's really skinny now. Hopefully now that she's not nursing as much as she was the first week she'll be able to put on some weight.

Back
Top Bottom