Pregnant barn cat *update* We have kittens!

We know the calico is a girl (as most are), the orange is for sure a boy, but he's the only one so clearly defined. We aren't sure about the black ones. I'm pretty sure one is a girl.
We are probably going to keep the orange one. :) Our first real pet (besides a fish) was an orange cat named Ty. He died in November, a few months after our other orange cat, Champ disappeared. We've wanted a couple of good mousers around here. Jack is a good huntress, so we figure she can teach him. My mom thinks it would be cool to have another orange cat, especially since he is from the first litter we've ever had. (hopefully the only litter we ever have. I'm not looking forward to the re-homing process.) He's just all around special to us. So, hopefully my dad won't mind letting us keep him. :) I doubt he will mind, though.

Last edited:
I'm not sure of that. Doug found one of Muffin's kittens in our bedroom this morning. It crawled nearly 50 ft. on its own.All the way across the kitchenb and living room. He has been out of the nest box every morning, but has not gone that far before.
love.gif
His name is going to be Traveler.
I am missing all the fun.

Sounds like you are missing out on the stress too - imagine counting kittens and realizing that one is missing and you have no idea where it has crawled to! That said, it sounds as if you are getting lots of good updates while you are caring for your mom. Hopefully you will be home soon and you can enjoy the crazy stage as the kittens discover they can climb up anything and everything - just imagine where you will find them then!

can't wait to get home. We are considering moving Mom to Ohio. She is going to fight the idea but a nursing home is her only alternative.The kittens can be her entertainment.

Ok, so I tried my hand at kitten sexing today using this page for reference.
http://www.pet-informed-veterinary-advice-online.com/sexing-kittens.html

It looks like the ginger and the the 2 darkest kittens are boys, and the calico and the 2 striped kittens are girls. I must have this wrong! How it be split so perfectly? I have had someone offer to help me re-sex them, but I have to send her pictures. I have to wait until I can a) have better lighting b) have help holding wiggly kittens and cameras c) have either a faster computer or more patience for uploading pics.

My dad's computer, which I usually use, is imminently dying and he has to save his business files, so I can't use it right now. So I'm stuck with my super slow laptop. It's better than nothing, and I love having my own laptop, but it's sssooooo ssssslllloooooowwwww..... -_-

2 kittens are starting to open their eyes.
love.gif

And we are keeping the ginger. We've decided to name him Bean. Our last kitten's name was Champion, (Being from Texas, it sounds like Chambion.) so my mom always called him Bean. He disappeared around this time last year. We figured it would be cute to a) have a kitten named after our last one b) have 2 cats named "Jack" and "Bean"

http://www.childrenstory.info/childrenstories/jackandthebeanstalk.html

Back
Top Bottom