Pregnant duck, what to do

As everyone else has said, birds can't get pregnant, they lay eggs. Has she started laying eggs yet?
No but she’s acting like she’s going to, I tried feeling her stomach very gently but I didn’t feel anything. Yet she looks like she’s gonna have em compared to my other female

No but she’s acting like she’s going to, I tried feeling her stomach very gently but I didn’t feel anything. Yet she looks like she’s gonna have em compared to my other female
The eggs develop one at a time and do not cause a bird to look pregnant.

first off: a duck, or any kind of bird, cannot be pregnant. That is physically impossible. Just like a human cannot lay an egg, a duck cannot become pregnant.
That being said, unless you want ducklings, you should break the broodiness now. Just take away any eggs she tries hatching.
We women actually lay an egg every month 😆.

Congrats on the broody duck!

Some ducks start laying before winter anytime between 4.5 months to 7 months. Others wait till spring make sure you provide crushed oyster shells in a separate bowl that she will eat as she needs to have calcium to have nice hard shell eggs
There is no baby inside the eggs unless she sits on them heating them up or you incubate
If I don’t want babies I just collect my eggs daily
Also without a drake she will never have fertile eggs

Back
Top Bottom