Pregnant goat???

just a suggestion, you may want to clip her with an electric shaver with a 15 or 12 mm attatchment. When does kid it gets really really messy, its easier to clean them up afterwards if you clip and shave the backs of her legs, underbelly, udder, etc. Find a helper to hold her in place or put her in a milking stanchion while you do it to keep her still. It also makes it easier to see if she has a true udder developing.
She is never going to stand for that... literally. Can you come help me!? Lol. I tried to wash her up a while back on the stanchion with my husbands help and she danced all over, about fell off. It was not all that successful 😕

She is never going to stand for that... literally. Can you come help me!? Lol. I tried to wash her up a while back on the stanchion with my husbands help and she danced all over, about fell off. It was not all that successful 😕
I WISH!! I would LOVE to come help you. Try tying down her feet. I'll try to post some pics later of how i position them, I have quite a few more pregnancy trims to do.

If you have some clippers clip the area where the rear udder joins the body. As I said, changes will be seen first there. You might also want to clip the tail and the area around it so things will be cleaner as another poster said. In fact that poster put up a good picture of what you want to aim for.

If you have some clippers clip the area where the rear udder joins the body. As I said, changes will be seen first there. You might also want to clip the tail and the area around it so things will be cleaner as another poster said. In fact that poster put up a good picture of what you want to aim for.
Unfortunately, I don't have the equipment and since we are just having babies for fun (hopefully) one more time, I'll probably just wait it out and watch and see.... hair and all... 😆 I so appreciate all the help and advice! I'll keep contorting myself into odd positions to sneak a peak and cop a feel. Lol!

Back
Top Bottom