I used to have the foodsaver machine that had 2 pumps and I loved that machine. Wore it out and tried to replace it. The salesman that I talked to admitted that if I was used to 2 pump one, I would not be happy with the ones thaey had for sale now since they were all just a single pump and wouldn't vacum as fast nor as well.
I now have one from Cabela's that is 15" wide and it works good. Not as good as my old one, but it works good. The bigger bags are nice for freezing whole chickens wehn we butcher.

I got 6 more quarts of apple juice canned today, and 18 jars of Black Raspberry Jelly! :drool
20230922_121212.jpg

I tallied it up.
54 quarts of tomatoes
17 pints and 8 half pints of hubby's blowtorch salsa
4 pints, 8 half pints, and 16 3/4 pints of green salsa for me.

I need hubby to pick the wild apples for sauce.

I might try dehydrating some cherry tomatoes this year. The hybrid plant I bought, Sunsugar, grew some really sweet ones!

I tallied it up.
54 quarts of tomatoes
17 pints and 8 half pints of hubby's blowtorch salsa
4 pints, 8 half pints, and 16 3/4 pints of green salsa for me.

I need hubby to pick the wild apples for sauce.

I might try dehydrating some cherry tomatoes this year. The hybrid plant I bought, Sunsugar, grew some really sweet ones!
Good job! I'm making sauce and apple cider vinegar tomorrow from apples from my parent's tree. I dehydrated tomatoes this year, they did good. I plan on adding them to chili or stews

Is it better to take the skins off tomatoes before dehydrating them or leave it on?

I'm considering dehydrating grape tomatoes if that makes a difference.
I have left mine on. It helps to keep the shape of the tomato and has nutrients that you would lose if you peeled them. And saves time

Back
Top Bottom