Seed selection and garden plans for 2023

Pics
I wish I had better ideas. We haven't liked anything made with the frozen zucchini. Our savings have been from eating so much of it in season. So far, our garden is geared toward feeding us through the summer rather than storing food for winter. We have just a little frozen. And a little more dehydrated - mostly fruit and peppers so far. And a few canned tomatoes.

How did I miss this thread?!

Every year we grow cherry, roma, beefsteak tomatoes; green, yellow, purple beans; yellow, red, purple potatoes, acorn and sometimes spaghetti squash, lots of peas (though I never get any - the Parrot gets tem all - grrrr), tons of peppers for DH (mostly, screaming hot varieties). Last year I tried carrots with limited success. Will be trying those, again. And I want to try rutabaga, cabbage and cauliflower. I'm also planning to install a cattle-fence arch.

I've started tomato seeds (different varieties than what we can get at the greenhouse) in my AeroGarden, already. When they get big enough, I'll transplant them to pots, so I can use the AeroGarden to start herbs.

I have a dome/bin I'll try starting my cabbage and cauliflower in. And a second bin I use for salad greens. Mostly for my girls 🥰

We're getting a greenhouse! We have an old gazebo, that sadly, is past its prime. It needs to come down. We'll put the greenhouse in its place. It gets shade in the summer - but sun in the spring and fall. So it can double as a solarium, in the summer months. It'll be a big job, tearing down and putting up. We'll have to get our boys to come help.
Join the other gardening thread for daily doses of activity in the yard, and garden.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/what-did-you-do-in-the-garden-today.670277/

Back
Top Bottom