Pretty sure I’ve got a roo…

dnsmith19

In the Brooder
Sep 26, 2022
New chicken mama here… our girls are about 7 weeks old and for the last couple weeks we’ve begun to suspect that one of our RIR ladies is in fact a roo. His/her comb and wattle are much larger and brighter than the rest of the flock. Just looking for confirmation that my suspicions are correct. Is this a roo? And if so ordinances ordinances in my area do not allow for us to keep him unfortunately. What is the best way to find him a good home? 😞

Attachments

• 287A6033-315E-4FAD-A41A-94736E860B85.jpeg
    287A6033-315E-4FAD-A41A-94736E860B85.jpeg
    535.3 KB · Views: 6
New chicken mama here… our girls are about 7 weeks old and for the last couple weeks we’ve begun to suspect that one of our RIR ladies is in fact a roo. His/her comb and wattle are much larger and brighter than the rest of the flock. Just looking for confirmation that my suspicions are correct. Is this a roo? And if so ordinances ordinances in my area do not allow for us to keep him unfortunately. What is the best way to find him a good home? 😞
Our local small zoo took the 2 Roos from our first flock. When our buff Orpington became broody and nothing else worked I got 2 eggs for her to hatch. Great mom, but both Roos! They found a home together via Nextdoor app.

Back
Top Bottom