Prevention of COCCIDIOSIS and other poultry diseases in chicks~ ACV.

Yes...because we know that the federally funded science(i.e. drug company funded) for poultry is soooooooo like a backyard environment in the controlled studies.
roll.png
Any University? Please....just because it's supposed to be an institution on education, does not automatically follow that they have all the knowledge on the subject. No studies are being done on the efficacy of ACV because it is cheap and easily obtainable...nothing that will generate any money from those who would donate funds to ag science programs at universities so that their drugs can be constantly touted as the way to go in the agricultural world.

Please, peddle the drugs elsewhere....many people are finding the preventative properties of ACV, both for animals and for humans, and the proof is right in the back yard for many of us. Not in controlled studies done in a university ag lab. Be sorry? I've never had any cases of cocci overgrowth in my flocks, nor have I had any chick deaths from broody hatch or foster broody management. I've never been sorry about using ACV in my animal husbandry and I've had the healthiest flocks one could ever have...it's not just luck, it's called preventative management.

Save it for the college kids who don't know a real chicken from a chicken McNugget.
wink.png
Let us "suffer the consequences" of our poor ignorant actions as we gaze upon our healthy livestock in the back yard.....
I just have a couple of questions for you. Do you know the PH of the water you are using to water your flock? Do you know the ideal acidity you should be striving for with the addition of the ACV?

Nope! I just know that I have fabulously healthy and productive chickens well into their geriatric years and have never had any illnesses in my flocks. That's enough for me to know. How's your flocks?

Quote:
Actually...it is. Why do you think so many people are trying to raise their own chickens on this site? Many are trying to escape the poisonous food system that you pharm based ag proponents have created over the years. Those who are interested in using ACV as a preventative..not as a treatment...are those who would like to get away from adding more chemicals in our foods.

No one's making you use the ACV, so why are you crying about it all? There are other threads about using drugs on your birds which you could frequent but you came here to argue and show all us country bumpkins how enlightened you are.
thumbsup.gif
You've accomplished that...I, for one, am duly impressed by the ag/science education you have gotten and am quite satisfied that you will bring another generation of food into the market place full of the appropriate chemicals for everyone's consumption.

Actually...it is. Why do you think so many people are trying to raise their own chickens on this site? Many are trying to escape the poisonous food system that you pharm based ag proponents have created over the years. Those who are interested in using ACV as a preventative..not as a treatment...are those who would like to get away from adding more chemicals in our foods.

Here we go with the avenues of conspiracy. Comparing the irresponsibility and greed of the vast factory farm poultry industry using GMO grains, to treating chickens for Coccidiosis with the only known substances that prevent and cure it is a non-sensible at least, dishonestly attempting to direct the subject matter at worst.

No one's making you use the ACV, so why are you crying about it all?

No crying at all. Merely documenting information of what is truly effective treatment for Coccidiosis versus misinformation promoted to make people "feel" as if they are somehow harmonious with nature because ACV with the "mother" is recommended by those who have no proof to back up their claims.

There are other threads about using drugs on your birds which you could frequent but you came here to argue and show all us country bumpkins how enlightened you are.
thumbsup.gif

Conspiracy, then paranoia. You have free will to use what you want, say what you want, and behave the way you want. Don't expect everyone to agree with you. That is reality. You were asked to show proof in order to back up your claims. i have, and you have not. So much for that.

You've accomplished that...I, for one, am duly impressed by the ag/science education you have gotten and am quite satisfied that you will bring another generation of food into the market place full of the appropriate chemicals for everyone's consumption.

You assume an awful lot. Not wise.

Nope! I just know that I have fabulously healthy and productive chickens well into their geriatric years and have never had any illnesses in my flocks. That's enough for me to know. How's your flocks?
Well aside from the Marek's, my flock has proven to be more healthy than most, as proven by the Marek's survivors that I have living after a year since exposure and contracting the disease. Oh, I do have to tell you that I now have a hen with untreatable Gleet caused by giving ACV in water that was already acidic enough naturally. Lucky I did some research before the rest of my flock could be affected.

A much better way of introducing acid into the water would be with a vitamin C tablet. The birds would get the benefit of the added vitamin C and the ascorbic acid has been proven scientifically in many studies to actually work in clearing the gut of unwanted 'bugs' and diseases. The addition of ACV for issues with the crop has been shown to actually help, but for anything further down, like the gizzard, etc., not so much. Acidification with vitamin C on the other hand is a whole gut treatment when used in the water and has been shown to help poultry who live in areas with hot temperatures.
http://www.bae.ncsu.edu/programs/extension/publicat/wqwm/pst42.html
http://www.webmd.com/diet/apple-cider-vinegar
http://www.energiseforlife.com/word...-acidosis-the-problem-of-an-acidic-lifestyle/
http://blog.chickenwaterer.com/2012/12/dont-use-apple-cider-vinegar-acv-in.html
http://ijabpt.com/pdf/24015-II-Ibrahim Talebi-IRAN[1].pdf

Do you think it will help my chicks get over cocci? They're on Corid right now-could I give them ACV after the 5 days on Corid? I love ACV for my family, don't know why I never thought to give to my flock

Do you think it will help my chicks get over cocci? They're on Corid right now-could I give them ACV after the 5 days on Corid? I love ACV for my family, don't know why I never thought to give to my flock
No. ACV strips the intestines of mucous and beneficial bacteria due to its acidity. It will also upset the calcium-phosphorus balance since ACV dissolves calcium. If you are using Corid in the water, I hope you aren't using medicated feed too. With any antibiotic or medicinal treatment, probiotics, vitamins-electrolytes should be the follow up. Probios Dispersible Powder, which contains no added calcium, like yogurt that can hinder health/development in chicks, is best. At the same time, add a vitamin-electrolyte powder to the water according to manufacturer label directions for 2-3 days a week will benefit the chicks.

Back
Top Bottom