Problem with Silkie Rooster and cochin Hen

ILuvMyPetChickens

Songster
9 Years
Jan 3, 2011
Leavittsburg, Ohio
My Cochin Hen who is ten times bigger than my Silkie Rooster she likes to peck his head and pull his feathers out. Are they fighting or playing? I can't tell. I'm worried because I'm keeping them both and I want them to get along.

Is there much age difference between them? Sometimes my little silkie hen gets picked on by the others, i think its due to the fluffy heads looking interesting, i wouldn't of thought it was anything serious unless its drawing blood, when this happens it becomes even more interesting to them which makes them do it even more, in that scenario i've heard blue kote works wonders
smile.png

Oh okay. They grew up together I had them since they were peeps. I'm just worried about him going bald again on top. Poor fluffy just keeps getting picked on the other chickens chase him away when I give him food and I throw the others food somewhere else.

Whenever I try to mix a chicken with feathers on its head with other chickens it gets picked on. They say birds of a feather flock together, and it really is true. If you have a smaller amount of silkies than normal chickens, maybe you could try to find some other place to keep your silkies.
Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom