Problem: Yolks Break Easily or are Broken Inside Egg

Z_chicken

In the Brooder
11 Years
Jan 12, 2009
Southern California
Hi, I have an EE who has been sporadically laying for 2 months. Every other egg she lays has a broken yolk inside. The ones with formed yolks break upon frying. All my other pullets are laying beautiful strong eggs with no problems at all. Any ideas as to what is happening or how I can fix this? Thanks!

Last edited:
I've not had this problem, but I'm dying to know the answer!
I like my eggs over easy and I hate it when the yolk breaks. It be nice to find a way to make the yolk sack stronger.

I'll wait patiently for an expert to answer
caf.gif

Update: I stopped feeding her so much scratch, which helped with the yolks that were scrambled within the shell, but her yolk sack was still weak and broke when I cooked it. Avia Charge 2000 fixed that. It took a few days, but her yolks don't break so easily now.

I guess I didn't figure it out.
hmm.png
We had a run of good eggs and now she's laying either eggs with scrambled yolks or robin eggs with no yolks. Could it be the heat? My silkies are laying perfect eggs almost daily and I'm by the beach so we haven't even reached even 90 degrees yet.

I'm bumping this because I have the same problem. Not as bad, but my yolks from one chicken break easily. I only have one of the wyandottes laying so far, but her yolks break much easier than my easter egger's yolks.

We are having a very similar problem. Our girls just started laying about 2 weeks ago. Then this week 1 of them is laying Really small eggs, and at first didn't think too much but she is doing it every time she lays(4 times now). They are Very small and no yoke. If it was just once or twice wouldn't be to concerned but don't want this to go on too long.

Back
Top Bottom