Problem's Breathing?

Hen Pecked Wolves

In the Brooder
May 27, 2023
I have been trying to find out why I suddenly have a hard time with my breathing and start coughing. Now that my chickens are molting. It feels like I have sand in my throat. I wear a mask and I still feel it. But nobody else seems to be talking about it so I don’t know if it’s just a me problem. I have read articles about poultry dust or chicken dust but I don’t know if it’s something that happens when they’re molting because it didn’t happen to me until they were molting. If you know anything about this can you tell me how to get rid of it? I have started to water daily in their coop and in their run I have 13 chickens and a fairly large area for them to run around in! Their areas probably 75 foot deep triangle pie shape.

Tis the season for all the allergies to pop up. This may be totally unrelated to your flock and just a coincidence of timing. Go see your GP or visit the urgent care to see if it's something viral, and if it persists, go get tested for allergies. Even if you've never had allergies before, you can and often do develop them as you get older. Our bodies are incredibly complex and sensitive to even minute changes sometimes.

Back
Top Bottom