Problems Hatching Call Ducks

I'm thinking they didn't lose enough moisture during incubation so drowned. Check the air cells before lockdown. Misting eggs isn't necessary.
i was thinking that too, will that cause the malposition?
Not turning enough, or being to rough with the eggs, or mabye the eggs were weird shaped could do it too. Assuming call eggs hatch the same as duck eggs ?!

i was thinking that too, will that cause the malposition?
Not turning enough, or being to rough with the eggs, or mabye the eggs were weird shaped could do it too. Assuming call eggs hatch the same as duck eggs ?!
That can just happen. I've had eggs like that myself. Sometimes the shells are too hard too. My Calls are fed a Grower finisher feed and only get calcium on the side once a week. If shells are to hard they can't pip out. Calls hatch the same as other Ducks.

That can just happen. I've had eggs like that myself. Sometimes the shells are too hard too. My Calls are fed a Grower finisher feed and only get calcium on the side once a week. If shells are to hard they can't pip out. Calls hatch the same as other Ducks.
oh interesting, how much of a factor do you think the health of the hen has to do with hatchrates?

I will definitely post some pics if they hatch. I have my eggs sitting on their sides but was wandering if putting them in an egg carton in the Bator pointy end down would be better. This is my fist time with duck eggs so I'm a bit unfamiliar.

I will definitely post some pics if they hatch. I have my eggs sitting on their sides but was wandering if putting them in an egg carton in the Bator pointy end down would be better. This is my fist time with duck eggs so I'm a bit unfamiliar.
I only hatch all my eggs on their side. I don't mist ever. I hand turn clockwise 2 or 3 times a day. I check air cell growth and will drop humidity a couple of days till air cells are a nice size.

Also I plan on purchasing an egg turner this spring when I plan on hopefully incubating some Pekin eggs. 6 more days till hatch day! I plan on canceling and may post a pic so y'all can see were the air cell is and maybe

Back
Top Bottom