Producers pride 16% layer feed

What are yall's thoughts on producers pride 16% layer pellets?
The reviews on the TSC website are mostly good at least on the first page. I haven't clicked the button to see more reviews.
The Producers Pride layer feed mini-pellet is the number one selling chicken feed at TSC.
I've never tried any Producers Pride feed.

I like Nutrena NatureWise and Purina poultry feed.
GC

I use it but not by choice. I used to feed Purina layena but now that’s 20$ a bag in my area. It’s an ok feed my chickens have done fine on it.

The instructions on the bag say" do not feed to chickens that are not laying eggs". WHAT THE HECK? What do i feed 18 week old chickens who have not started laying yet?????

The instructions on the bag say" do not feed to chickens that are not laying eggs". WHAT THE HECK? What do i feed 18 week old chickens who have not started laying yet?????
Any decent all-flock feed. Layer feed contains calcium which, for non-laying pullets, roosters and chicks, can cause kidney issues.

We usually feed an all-flock pellet and have a separate pan of crushed oyster shells for the hens to eat as they like.

That’s because it has too high calcium for birds that are not laying, whereas birds that are laying need that extra calcium

Back
Top Bottom