protectors?

1goose2ducks

Songster
Mar 17, 2018
I used to free range all my chickens but one got attacked by a hawk so i have been keeping them cooped up until i find something that will protect them. I have a goose but he doesn't do much in means of helping the chickens. I know guinea fowls can make a lot of noise if they see a predator but will they warn the hens and possibly fight of a small hawk

I used to free range all my chickens but one got attacked by a hawk so i have been keeping them cooped up until i find something that will protect them. I have a goose but he doesn't do much in means of helping the chickens. I know guinea fowls can make a lot of noise if they see a predator but will they warn the hens and possibly fight of a small hawk
Don't count on guinea fowl to even be able to protect themselves. They can make a lot of noise and can alert about the presence of predators but they can also make a lot of noise for reasons only they know.

There have been reports of guineas driving off some predators but in most of those cases they are large flocks of guineas. The more common result is that the guineas get picked off one at a time until the predators have gotten all of them.

Back
Top Bottom