Proud of my drake, Jason

keeperofthehearth

Songster
12 Years
Nov 3, 2007
podunk... I mean Wabash, IN
He is being such a good Scovy daddy.
smile.png
He just went down to the duck house to greet his love, Chloe,(he breeds the other girls but Chloe has always been his Special Girl) and their 1wk. old ducklings. I always watch carefully to be sure he isn't intending to try to breed Chloe yet and hurt the babies in the attempt to get to her. Jason went around the duckhouse towards the ducky door and I heard Chloe peep at him. He did his head bob & hiss and I told him he best behave. Chloe peeped once more and .......The Ducklings RAN TOWARDS Jason!!!!!!! Once they got near him he just turned around and let them follow him and Chloe brought up the rear. It was soooooooo stink'n SWEET!
love.gif
Jason walked over to the kiddie pool and jumped on the log, took a drink and just looked at me....like... "what did you think I was going to do?" Chloe just walked her babies past the pool a bit and settled them in a sun dappled spot. They're all hang'n out together under the trees, resting in the warm 80 temps. Just does my heart good to see them!
love.gif

I had occasion to be proud of four of my Call drakes this week, too...have 2 older ducklings, about 4 weeks old, in an adjacent pen to my bachelor group of drakes and one got in with them!
barnie.gif
I didn't know about it until it was too late, but instead of finding a dead duckling, I found them all curled up together in a group! I would have thought the drakes would have hurt the duckling, because two of them have been nothing but antsy since they were separated away from the group, but they didn't seem to really think anything of the duckling.

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww Jaaaasonnnnn
Any chance of pictures?

Hopefully I can post one or two later today or tomorrow.
smile.png

duckluck, Isn't it nice when your drakes "play nice."
wink.png
Glad everything worked out and your duckling was O.K.​

Back
Top Bottom