PSA don't buy manna pro waterers

Faeshka

Chirping
May 18, 2022
south Georgia
The 5 quart chicken waterer that Manna Pro makes is completely inexcusable garbage. There is no way to get the base to lock like it should. I spent a lot of time fiddling with it, thinking I had it secure only to wind up drowning my chicks when the base totally let go. It's like it's designed to fail & not lock.

It's going to be over 100 degrees today and I now have no way to give them water, because the waterer I have is only fit for scrap. I have no idea what to even do since the only feed store here carries the same type of garbage.

Hopefully this'll save someone else from going through this.

That’s frustrating.

Shallow bowl or pan, pebbles or marbles, add water. The marbles keep the chicks from getting to wet or drowning.

You can use a spare bit of pvc, cut in half horizontally. Add marbles/rocks.

Ice in the water can help keep it cool.

Yes, an open pan will get dirtier, so water will need refreshed about 2x per day.

The 5 quart chicken waterer that Manna Pro makes is completely inexcusable garbage. There is no way to get the base to lock like it should. I spent a lot of time fiddling with it, thinking I had it secure only to wind up drowning my chicks when the base totally let go. It's like it's designed to fail & not lock.

It's going to be over 100 degrees today and I now have no way to give them water, because the waterer I have is only fit for scrap. I have no idea what to even do since the only feed store here carries the same type of garbage.

What does this model look like?

If you're talking about the gallon one, I hate those too. However, you can still get it to work. Fill it up with water most of the way, then stand over it holding it in between your feet. While holding the water jug between your feet, hold the base in your hands. Turn the base in your hands until it mostly or all the way locks into place. Carefully and quickly turn it over to use.

If you're talking about the gallon one, I hate those too. However, you can still get it to work. Fill it up with water most of the way, then stand over it holding it in between your feet. While holding the water jug between your feet, hold the base in your hands. Turn the base in your hands until it mostly or all the way locks into place. Carefully and quickly turn it over to use.
That's what I always do with my gallon water. Mine is the flock party one though

Small person here so I do it a little differently.. twist the base on just enough to ensure it is in the slots. With your hands hold the base to the top and flip over carefully in opposite direction of the spout. Now the base is on the ground. Hold the base between your feet and twist the top. It should lock.

I have the 3.5 gallon one, that's how I shut mine, pain in the rump. I prefer the old Vaccum style ones but they are expensive and these were on sale....

I have 2 decent ones. They are not my main waterers but I use them for my grow out pen. Mine work fine and am able to secure them with just my hands. I think you got a dud.

I now have no way to give them water, because the waterer I have is only fit for scrap.

You can sit down just the base, and pour water into that little trough.
It is not a good long-term solution, because it only holds a small amount of water at a time, and they can sit on it/poop in it/etc.
But it is a way to give your chickens some water, right now, rather than having them with literally NONE.

(This is in addition to the suggestions other people made for waterer options.)

drowning my chicks when the base totally let go.
Drown as in wet, or drown as in literally dead?

Back
Top Bottom