Pullet or Cockerel Help

I have several different kinds of young chicks, and have been doing a lot of research on them. My DD picked out a gold sex-link, but I'm worried it may be a roo. He/she is the most assertive and aggressive of them all and I noticed today that it looks like it may be starting to grow a comb. Several sites have said that gold star roosters are white and the hens are more red. Ironically, my DD named this one Junior. Lol! Any thoughts on it?? BTW, Junior is 7 weeks old.
[/IMG]

I have several different kinds of young chicks, and have been doing a lot of research on them. My DD picked out a gold sex-link, but I'm worried it may be a roo. He/she is the most assertive and aggressive of them all and I noticed today that it looks like it may be starting to grow a comb. Several sites have said that gold star roosters are white and the hens are more red. Ironically, my DD named this one Junior. Lol! Any thoughts on it?? BTW, Junior is 7 weeks old.
[/URL]
At 7 weeks, I'm pretty sure that's a pullet. But it's not a gold sexlink. Looks more like a White Rock.

Oooh, I've got one for ya! :D Roughly 6 weeks old. 4 pics of same bird.
Good news is, looks like a pullet. Bad news is that it also looks like a Cornish X.
Yeah, I guess I've been in denial about this one :/. It is my understanding that Cornish X don't live very long? Such a shame because I absolutely adore this bird! Of course I will learn all I can about her dietary needs but I really was hoping it'd turn out to be what it was advertised as. A White Rock.

Start restricting feed now. Only make it available 3 times a day, at short, 15 minute intervals. And get her outside and foraging. Even with those measures, the odds aren't in her favor to live more than a year at best.

Start restricting feed now. Only make it available 3 times a day, at short, 15 minute intervals. And get her outside and foraging. Even with those measures, the odds aren't in her favor to live more than a year at best. 

Thank you so much for the info.! Do you know if she will need a special feed or do I feed her the same thing the others get? I'll do my research but I suspect it might prove challenging to find info on how to keep one of these birds fit rather than fat. Thanks in advance!

Back
Top Bottom