What are "duck feathers" on an EE cockerel?

Never heard the term 'duck feathers' applied to chickens. Hopefully someone will comment and edify the lot of us.

Just did an online search on 'duck feathers chickens', and the only hit I got was this thread. :idunno
Right above I think someone nailed the correct term...duckwing pattern. Thanks for looking. Still waiting on what that is. :)

Right above I think someone nailed the correct term...duckwing pattern. Thanks for looking. Still waiting on what that is. :)
Not my photos, but these are examples of a silver duckwing hen and rooster, and silver and gold duckwing hens.
Screen Shot 2024-04-14 at 5.05.16 PM.png
Screen Shot 2024-04-14 at 5.05.49 PM.png

I'm asking what that means when someone says to look for duck feathers forming because they only show up on cockerels.
I would expect "saddle feathers" in a sentence like that, if someone is talking about chickens.

I've seen it here on these forums.
There is a "duck" section of the forums. Could you have seen it there?

I've seen some badly wrong things that get blamed on autocorrect or autocomplete or talk-to-text features. It could be something like that. (Like how "pullet" for a female chicken gets turned into "pulley" which is a very different kind of object.)

Back
Top Bottom