Pullet still?

HannahR318

Chirping
May 17, 2023
Well my husband got a great job offer 1,000 miles away but until we find a house we can't take our chickens with us. Sorry to post the same chicken so many times but now it's more important I confirm gender on this one for placement purposes. We cried about it because we've become so attached to them. This one keeps me guessing as it has a larger straighter comb and big red wattle compared to it's sibling. It is mostly red while the sibling is mostly white so I still don't know breed for sure, they are from Hoover's "colored egg layers" batch so they could be a sex link variety or potentially starlight green egger. They are about 12 weeks old.

Attachments

• 20230717_092232.jpg
    20230717_092232.jpg
    936.9 KB · Views: 21
  • 20230717_091328.jpg
    20230717_091328.jpg
    550.3 KB · Views: 9
They look right for Starlight green eggers. The one has huge comb and wattles for 12 weeks, but not really any other signs of it being male. I'd go with pullet for now, especially if it has been hot where you live. But keep an eye on it.

Well my husband got a great job offer 1,000 miles away but until we find a house we can't take our chickens with us. Sorry to post the same chicken so many times but now it's more important I confirm gender on this one for placement purposes. We cried about it because we've become so attached to them. This one keeps me guessing as it has a larger straighter comb and big red wattle compared to it's sibling. It is mostly red while the sibling is mostly white so I still don't know breed for sure, they are from Hoover's "colored egg layers" batch so they could be a sex link variety or potentially starlight green egger. They are about 12 weeks old.
Pullet. I had that breed and I was sure one was a rooster till it laid an egg. She just developed really fast and laid quickly.

Back
Top Bottom