purple eggs???

Pics

ReiMiraa

Songster
10 Years
Dec 2, 2009
Leavenworth the "German Town"
i remember reading somewhere about a new breed in south america that lays purple eggs? i think it was a chicken book i read. but what would the breed be?
if anyone has one of these chickens i would be happy.

Quote:
Thanks Mahonri - I do have some interesting colors. Here's some that people describe as purple or really pink - plus some gray ones and some olive eggs. All the birds that laid these have the same two parents - an EE mom and a BCM dad.

assorteggcolors.jpg

I have a chick that hatched from one of Ruth's blue eggs and it has feathered legs. I guessing mom was an EEnand dad was, at least part, French Marans. Maybe I'll get some purple eggs!

This is a fun thread.

Wolftracks, what are you breeding to get your violet tinted eggs?

I'd like to say it's all scientific, but it's not.

Here's what pink and blue has gotten me so far

Project eggs

Last edited:

I came to this thread to figure out which of my birds are laying the gray and purple-ish eggs. There are a handful of 'Easter eggers' from a chain feed store, as well as two 'olive eggers' from a local breeder. So somewhere in those mixed breeds, this purpleish egg came through....

Okay guys.

If we are that desperate and can't get the real thing,

we must take drastic measures.

Such as going to the store and getting some purple food coloring!

(if there is only purple food coloring in australia, I am going to be way jealous. Better men, better eggs... the list goes on!)

Quote:
Croad Langshang and the Langshang are the same breed..

"The Black Langshang were imported from China into England by the late Major Croad, so there is a class of "Croad Langshans' in the English Standard. They became a Standard variety in this country in 1883"...
(Quote from American Standard of Perfection)

If you are looking for Croad Langshangs just look for a breeder of Exhibition Langshangs...

Chris

Back
Top Bottom