Quail Breeding? Should I?

Bobs are substantially more inclined to aggression than coturnix. Proper husbandry will all but elminate the aggression and the occasional incidents you have can be dealt with a fee different ways successfully.

I started raising coturnix this year. Not the jumbos. I now have around 30 and get around dzn eggs a day. Mine actually started laying at 6 weeks. I have them in a 8 X 10 pen. They are fairly easy to raise. Im going too hatch about 20 more soon. Also have several people that love the eggs. Havent sold any birds though. I have been told and read that bob whites are much more aggressive than coturnix.

What colors do you have? Brown? Tuxedo?

I have all brown now. I would like to get some others like the white A & M. I would like to have some bob whites. Like quail raiser said i love their call. But think i need a little more room before i do that.

I dunno if they are aggressive mine are nice to each other and protect each other... I'm actually starting to think about getting pigeons instead. Just to try something knew and I've been wanting to get pigeons for 2-3 years now

You mentioned pigeons. Ive met some one several years ago that raced pigeons cross contry. Like from northern canada to here in central tx. Sounded neat.

I have my bobwhites in the same pen with my coturnix, the bobs are more aggressive towards each other than with the coturnix but its not too bad. They just puff up and chase each other, not really a lot of fighting

I have all brown now. I would like to get some others like the white A & M. I would like to have some bob whites. Like quail raiser said i love their call. But think i need a little more room before i do that.

I will have chicks for sale soon if you are interested, and depending if you have enough room

You mentioned pigeons. Ive met some one several years ago that raced pigeons cross contry. Like from northern canada to here in central tx. Sounded neat.

That does sound neat, you wouldn't really think that they would race birds.

I dunno if they are aggressive mine are nice to each other and protect each other... I'm actually starting to think about getting pigeons instead. Just to try something knew and I've been wanting to get pigeons for 2-3 years now

I have two pigeons and they're really easy birds. Mine are homing pigeons that just fly free around my property and they come when I call them. One pigeon only eats around 60lbs of feed per year, so they do not have massive feed costs. Their droppings are pretty much scentless and their calls are very quiet and soothing. Also, if you hand-raise them from babies, they are extremely friendly. Good luck with whatever you're getting!

I have two pigeons and they're really easy birds. Mine are homing pigeons that just fly free around my property and they come when I call them. One pigeon only eats around 60lbs of feed per year, so they do not  have massive feed costs. Their droppings are pretty much scentless and their calls are very quiet and soothing. Also, if you hand-raise them from babies, they are extremely friendly. Good luck with whatever you're getting!

I'm asking this guy for his rolling pigeons but he hasn't answered back

Back
Top Bottom