Quail Egg recipes

Kylesquails

Chirping
7 Years
Sep 7, 2012
Australia
My quails have been laying like mad this season, so i have been experimenting with recipes ideas ,I made these yesterday .scotched quail eggs very rich but tasty. anyone have any tasty recipes ideas?

i make hash a lot. bacon, spinach, steamed diced potato, cheese, add in beaten eggs. and cook in a fry pan on the stove. quick and easy and very yummy.

My girls lay between 25 to 30 eggs a day so before long we would be over run with eggs if we didn't use them for something. I have three kids that eat a quail egg sandwich most morning before school. 10 quail eggs each, or about two chicken eggs worth. We have the "egg bowl" that makes a perfect omelet size for an English muffin. Add what you want, beat the eggs, and microwave for a minute. Egg comes out fluffy and ready to enjoy. I haven't purchased store bought eggs in months. Usually we'll buy a dozen chicken eggs if my wife wants to make deviled eggs or something. Deviled quail eggs would be just too much of a hassle!"
On the weekends the eggs accumulate in the fridge and then we have to start getting creative! We use the eggs for puff pancakes, quiche, hamburgers, cakes, hard boiled, you name it.
We also incubate our eggs for butchering birds. We usually hatch about 70 at a time. Our incubators can handle 85 eggs and we have a pretty good hatch rate.
I set a budget for quail food of $50 per month. My laying hens only consume about 2 bags of feed a month @ $18 a bag. When we have the butchering birds around we buy 3 bags of feed a month. A little over budget, but we end up with birds for the freezer.
We don't sell eggs or birds. I just enjoy raising quail as a hobby. We trade eggs and quail meat sometimes for other fruits and vegetables, but mostly we just enjoy them ourselves. When we have company over we usually have a big quail dinner. But for a typical family meal we'll cook up 15 birds at a time. 3 of our birds per person is quite filling.

Chicken-Farmer

My quails have been laying like mad this season, so i have been experimenting with recipes ideas ,I made these yesterday .scotched quail eggs very rich but tasty. anyone have any tasty recipes ideas?

Would you mind posting the recipe? Since I now have chicks and they are nearly halfway to laying age (they're 3 weeks old), I'm starting to gather recipes! This look awesome.
thumbsup.gif

Back
Top Bottom