Quail neck problem

amaurer

In the Brooder
8 Years
Apr 17, 2011
One of my late-bloomer Valleys has a bent neck. He can straighten it when startled or something, but it always returns to the left and nearly upside down!!

Whats up here, any hope for him? He does peck and eat if he can manage to stumble to wherever the food is. His balance is VERY bad.

87149_wp_000347.jpg

87149_wp_000348.jpg

87149_wp_000349.jpg

Quote:
Good question! I'd say load syringe with some yolk and try to "bottle feed" it for a couple of days... If it's going to make it it will show definite signs of improvement!
welcome-byc.gif

Quote:
To be honest... both. He had zipped and was fighting the membrane for 48 hours... so I helped on Day 26. There was no yolk left and no blood; I think he was ready.

Quote:
To be honest... both. He had zipped and was fighting the membrane for 48 hours... so I helped on Day 26. There was no yolk left and no blood; I think he was ready.

HE WAS WAY PAST READY... THUS THE UPSIDE DOWN HEAD AND LEG PROBLEMS

Quote:
I have had a few of these and I cull them. I once saw a pic of a adult coturnix that lived and didnt grow out of it.

I have read the term "wry neck", Is this the right name for the ailment?

Quote:
I was never one for additives, but PVS doesn't hurt.

Most likely a nasty evil brooder cull...I really really really hate those! I hate those with a passion, but sometimes.....you have to do what you have to do.

Back
Top Bottom