Quail not laying

Guess what I got today? TWO eggs-so far!
th.gif

Quote:
IF I HAD ANY DOUBTS I'D TEST THEM. YOU WONT ALWAYS FIND SHELL REMNANTS.

AS FOR YOUR SEXING... DO A SEARCH HERE FOR BEER SEXING, GRAB 1 OUTTA THE FRIDGE AND HEAD ON OUT TO THE QUAIL PEN
thumbsup.gif
ALTHOUGH THE GOLDENS MAY BE SEXED JUST AS THE BROWNS WERE... BY BREAST FEATHERS, BUT WHITE AND ANY RANGE PATERN? NOPE...

lau.gif
Thanks-but I don't drink! I guess I'll have to try watching and waiting WITHOUT the beer!
gig.gif

NO WONDER YOU DONT KNOW WHAT SEX THEY ARE
smile.png

I have 2 bobwhite quails one a hen and other a rooster . Their about 2 month+ old and no eggs. I have then in a large outdoor aviary. I also live in south florida so the coldest it has been is mid 40s °f. Idk what am doing wrong

My younger ones stopped laying about 2 weeks ago and not an egg since. I have them in an old large rubbermade tub in our garage and I don't have any light on them and it's pretty cold outside, but my older ones are laying 2 - 3 eggs a day without any light. Not like they are any use to me because they freeze and crack. Also my older quail are in a plastic dog crate it would sort of be impossible to install a light in the dog crate. I am sort of worried any ideas?
idunno.gif

Last edited:
I have 2 bobwhite quails one a hen and other a rooster . Their about 2 month+ old and no eggs. I have then in a large outdoor aviary. I also live in south florida so the coldest it has been is mid 40s °f. Idk what am doing wrong

I'm sorry I don't have experience with bobwhites but I *think* they take longer to lay and are seasonal layers?
1f914.png

My younger ones stopped laying about 2 weeks ago and not an egg since. I have them in an old large rubbermade tub in our garage and I don't have any light on them and it's pretty cold outside, but my older ones are laying 2 - 3  eggs a day without any light. Not like they are any use to me because they freeze and crack. Also my older quail are in a plastic dog crate it would sort of be impossible to install a light in the dog crate. I am sort of worried any ideas?:idunno  

I wouldn't be worried, it's normal for them and actually healthy to take a break over the winter. I had two laying groups of quail in Canada in the garage with no extra light and one group stopped laying about 5 weeks ago and the other about 3 weeks ago - they have nearly identical setups - several foot long rabbit hutch on top of each other :p so same light as well.

Back
Top Bottom