Quail tips from Myshire farm.

Jul 12, 2019
Miamisburg, OH
I have had some great feedback to help with organizing the threads so going forward I will be posting each tip in this thread under the replies. Thanks to all that have kindly helped. Soooo. Tip of the day!!!!!
Coturnix quail can lay for up to 2 years however after the first year production is inconsistent BUT males “run out of stream” much faster so we at Myshire recommend that you replace your breeder hens once a year and your males Avery 6 months. Then you will always have a steady amount of eggs.
Also this thread and others are purely just to help and encourage and educate about coturnix quail. We at Myshire farm have about 3,300 coturnix of 23 different colors and sell close to 300,000 eggs a year plus LIVE quail and have shipped to all 50 states. We do have a lot of experience through our failures but there are usually more than one way to get a result sooooo if you have a better way then that is completely ok. I encourage you to share. This is just our experience. Thanks for everything.

We at Myshire farm have about 3,300 coturnix of 23 different colors and sell close to 300,000 eggs a year plus LIVE quail and have shipped to all 50 states.
Since you claim to have shipped to all 50 states, I am curious if you have provided the required documents when shipping to Wyoming? To the best of my knowledge, Wyoming does not make an exception for Coturnix quail and requires a permit for their possession or even the possession of hatching eggs.

Last edited:
Since you claim to have shipped to all 50 states, I am curious if you have provided the required documents when shipping to Wyoming? To the best of my knowledge, Wyoming does not make an exception for Coturnix quail and requires a permit for their possession or even the possession of hatching eggs. I am aware that some people have illegally brought in Coturnix hatching eggs but they usually end up getting caught eventually.

After a little bit of research, it appears that it's not the shippers responsibility to produce any "required documents." Though the regulation states that they need to produce it, it is nothing more than a transfer of responsibility if birds or eggs are shipped with any disease or illness to the purchaser. However, if somebody orders and never asks for said documents, it's the purchaser's problem if they get caught, not the seller. Wyoming law enforcement has no jurisdiction in Ohio.

Also, reading on, the NPIP certification is all the required items on the regulation. Simply, just needs to get a state official to produce a form with state letterhead stating that the required items have been met within in 10 days. For the purchaser, this will add to the expense of purchasing eggs or birds. That's it.

Lastly, what was the point of your question. It wasn't even addressed to me and you sounded snooty. It sounds like you're calling Zack out for something that he may not even been aware of. If you truly wanted to know anything, you could have simply asked if it was difficult to get the paperwork for his Wyoming customer, while listing the required information that he would have had to furnish for his customer to be compliant. Maybe that's not what you intended but, that's how I read it.

You're just confirming my point without addressing anything that I mentioned. Good job. I'm not sabotaging his thread so, this will be my last post addressing you. I'd suggest, if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all. Zack does the best he can to provide a positive experience through his business and through experience, I say he does it well.

I dont think Mr Bob is trying to sabotage anything. Its well known how he is a stickler for the laws. Its also well known among big breeders that Wyoming is a no-go. Im sure Zach knows this and did everything properly so that he could market it as such.

I suspect he does and did, as well. Just think there's better ways to ask than trying to disprove he's shipped to all 50 states. oh, I was implying that I wasn't going to take over the thread that is intended to help with a squabble with a hater. Not him.. It was all me..

Since you claim to have shipped to all 50 states, I am curious if you have provided the required documents when shipping to Wyoming? To the best of my knowledge, Wyoming does not make an exception for Coturnix quail and requires a permit for their possession or even the possession of hatching eggs.
We did. That was actually our last state we shipped to. And we have only shipped there once but let’s just say that was an experience hahahahaha

Back
Top Bottom