Quality silkies - Huntsville, Ohio

drafthorserider

Chirping
7 Years
Feb 10, 2012
Near Bellefontaine, OH
I am considering selling my silkie flock, and since I don't ship I wanted to check interest. I am about 1 hour northwest of Columbus, Ohio in the town of Huntsville. I was trying to put together a nice breeding flock, so I have some nice birds. Ages range from 2-9 months. Some youngsters were hatched from Catdance eggs and my beautiful splash rooster came from Signature Farm. Prices range from $20-$50. Colors left include black, white, splash, and blue. Pm me if interested in specifics and let me know what colors you are looking for. I can take pics.

In the first picture only the whites are still available.
In the second picture only the blue rooster is still available - he is looking at the camera and is behind a buff
The final photo is the splash rooster from Signature farms

Edited to reflect what colors are still available.

Last edited:
hi! gosh, if you're in huntsville you're close. I'm in Russells Point.

Have your birds been vaccinated for mareks? somehow my flock of 8 got it and I'm down to 5 :(

Kathy

Goodness, we are close - next town over.

I am so sorry to hear about your flock. That is terrible. No, my birds have not been vaccinated for Mareks. The rooster may have been as I purchased him at 6 months old, but the others were raised from chicks I either had purchased as day olds or hatched from eggs I had shipped in, so they were not vaccinated.

ya, how weird is that. I talked to you before but I thought you were in Bellefontaine.

Well, no vaccines rules out me getting a couple of your silkies. I lost one silkie to mareks. 2 bantam cochins.
I have a paint pullet and white cockerel left in my silkies.

Why are you selling?

I am not 100% on why I am selling - I guess since I have found I can't free range my silkies like my layers - they aren't as fun as they used to be. I really enjoyed seeing them roaming around as they are so beautiful. However, for some reason they think they are great explorers and roam way further than my layers - down over the hill and into the woods. After 2 disappeared we built them an enclosed run, and it just isn't as fun for me to go see them in a pen rather than as I am walking around the property, so I can considering selling them as I have a lot of other things on the go.

Ya, that would probably not be quite as much fun. Mine are in my fenced in yard and my main worry would be a hawk. They go in the coop at night and I shut the run that I got but I never make them stay in the run. Now that it's cold, they hang on my deck. My poopy deck, lol! They don't seem to like the ground wet or cold so I know they are not going to like snow.

I'm sure you will find them good homes :)

How many do you have? Do u have any pics? Have u an idea of how much for entire flock?

Back
Top Bottom