Question About Introducing Water Bucket W/Nipples

I have to say that I didn't start the water nipples till a few weeks ago and boy do I wish I did when they were chicks. It is so much easier to keep the water clean and keep the water from spilling everywhere.

I have to say that I didn't start the water nipples till a few weeks ago and boy do I wish I did when they were chicks. It is so much easier to keep the water clean and keep the water from spilling everywhere.

I can't wait until mine start using it, I'm getting tired of cleaning out their water 3-4X a day!

I noticed today that our local Atwood's has put nipple buckets in the brooder bins for their baby chicks....
jumpy.gif
I actually went there to buy a pack of vertical nipples because of reading this forum. When we got home my DH helped me attach them to a 2 gallon bucket and I will introduce it to our 4 week old chicks when they move to the coop on Monday.
Thank you for highlighting this subject....I didn't really understand what water nipples are and how simple they can be to set up.

How old are the chicks you are letting out in the daytime? I am ready to let mine out in a few days, but unsure if it's too early.

I noticed today that our local Atwood's has put nipple buckets in the brooder bins for their baby chicks....
jumpy.gif
I actually went there to buy a pack of vertical nipples because of reading this forum. When we got home my DH helped me attach them to a 2 gallon bucket and I will introduce it to our 4 week old chicks when they move to the coop on Monday.
Thank you for highlighting this subject....I didn't really understand what water nipples are and how simple they can be to set up.

Just got these today, 6 Production Reds, found em in the 75% off tub, brought home put in Tweener coop, has ceramic wall heater, From an Office Supply store years ago. set it to 75 , put in water bottle, & feeder, Open door in case they want to see outside.& have Pic... Now if I just Knew how Old ?

Just got these today, 6 Production Reds, found em in the 75% off tub, brought home put in Tweener coop, has ceramic wall heater, From an Office Supply store years ago. set it to 75 , put in water bottle, & feeder, Open door in case they want to see outside.& have Pic... Now if I just Knew how Old ?
How old......my guess is between 1 and 2 weeks....and do they use the water nipple without any problem?

Back
Top Bottom