Question about mites and elector psp

Pics
Is it sticky when it dries?
My coop is wood, it wasn’t sticky on that. Plastic or a non absorbent material would probably be a different story. But you never use the pure oil. It’s pretty diluted.

Sooooo..... here is the update... we sprayed the elector three times but after 2 weeks there were still mites in areas the elector couldn’t reach. The mites also didn’t wonder out of the hiding spots since we housed our chickens somewhere else. It took 4-5 weeks until the coop was mite free. They eventually just died of starvation. Unfortunately the mites showed up in the temporary housing as well and we had mostly northern fowl mites but also some red mites. At that point I didn’t want this to go out of hand again and I opted for treating the chickens with ivermectin. (Drops onto neck skin). There are several posts about this here and I also researched in German forums. After a ton of research I felt very confident and I also ate the eggs. There is lots of controversial information about ivermectin but in the end you gotta make your own decisions and be ok with it. I haven’t seen a single mite in weeks now. Yay!

What Ivermectin product did you use? Where did you purchase the Ivermectin? How many drops were put on each chicken? Do you have the other information that you found when you researched? Thank you

Thank you, thank you!!! That’s exactly what I want to do. And the warm bath towel tip is great.
Thank you so much. I have been itching all over driving me crazy I didn't know I could get mites from chickens. I will get this and dip them and spray the coop clean up everything. Toggieann

I love Elector! Dipping is one of the most effective methods of treating lice and mites on a chicken. As long as the day is warm, they can air dry after you blot most of the liquid off their feathers with an absorbent bath towel.

I mix up a couple gallons of the Elector and use the same bath for all the chickens. No need to do a new one for each, especially if you only have a few.

A tip: using a bath towel warm right out of the dryer will blot up more liquid and
I love Elector! Dipping is one of the most effective methods of treating lice and mites on a chicken. As long as the day is warm, they can air dry after you blot most of the liquid off their feathers with an absorbent bath towel.

I mix up a couple gallons of the Elector and use the same bath for all the chickens. No need to do a new one for each, especially if you only have a few.

A tip: using a bath towel warm right out of the dryer will blot up more liquid and make the chicken feel oh so cozy after being dunked.

make the chicken feel oh so cozy after being dunked.
What is the mixing ratio of water and PSP for dipping and then what ic the ratio for spraying down a coop? I have 38 birds
Please help the notes are getting terrible.
You can reach me at [email protected]
Thank you!

That is a splendid question. I've heard that one treatment will kill all the mites on your premises by biological action from the residue. The Elector should continue to work for an extended period as the mites come out of their hiding places to feed. I've used Elector for lots of different applications and one treatment is all I've ever needed. Elector breaks down faster in direct sunlight, so your dark places will have a longer lasting residue.

Your infested coop will certainly put it to the acid test. I would vacuum thoroughly then really wet down the coop using a good strong garden sprayer getting into the crack and crevices as best you can.

In a week, examine your coop, looking in all the places you know they were hiding. If you see any, repeat the spraying. Your experience will be a very valuable testimonial if it works the first time and a cautionary if it requires a second treatment. We all will be waiting for you to report back.
Can you spray the coop itself with Elector PSP? I sprayed the chickens and the coop on Tuesday and today I noticed there are still mites in the coop.. how long does it take for elector psp to kill them? So I need to spray the coop with permethrin?

You don't need to spray with both. One or the other. But you may use Elector to spray the coop, getting into every crack and crevice. Allow to dry before the chickens go back in.

One application of Elector should work, and I imagine it will just take a day and the mites should be gone. If you use permethrin, I believe a second application is needed.

Back
Top Bottom