Question about my ducklings

Yeah I know they grow like weeds. I can't imagine having more than one duckling though! I thought my ONE duckling was much harder to keep up with than six chicks!

Last edited:
Nah the 4 of them aren't bad. I never had to do the heat lamp thing though, they were 4 weeks old when I got them and were already staying outside without a heat lamp. So they graduated from the container to the pen pretty fast. And I just keep it clean, fresh hay in their two hunker down spots, fresh food, fresh water... And that's really all there is to it. I enjoy it. The most work was getting the kennel duckling ready.

Well I guess that would make things easy. I found Odette as an egg by it's self, a predator probably took it to try and eat it. And I picked it up and felt something inside move and he just hatched that day so I've him since day one.

Yep he thinks I'm mommy duck which is nice. Though since he has no siblings I have pretty much been his only way to get social interactions. When he was a baby he cried so loudly every time he lost eyesight of me. It was cute but a pain when it was night time cause he slept in the same room as me.

Partly. His lives outside in a coop in the run along with my chickens but I don't want to sit outside all day and he loves just cuddling with me. So a got him a diaper and bring him in the house almost everyday. His favorite thing to do is sit on my lap or shoulder and sleep while I watch TV.

Back
Top Bottom