Question about them getting along!

axion_lotus

Songster
9 Years
Jan 19, 2011
Central NC
Okay, so I got three silkies and three red sex-link chicks last week, and I was wondering about this the other day.

I'm getting eleven more chicks this week from My Pet Chicken, all standard, mostly heavy breeds. I've carefully selected these breeds based on temperament. I'm getting 2 australorps, 2 buff orps, 2 jersey giants, three easter-eggers and 2 speckled sussex. Based on months upon months of research, these breeds are calm, docile and gentle in a mixed flock of other breeds. Which, of course, chickens are individuals, and rules are made to be broken.
barnie.gif

What I'm worried about is how these much larger birds will get along with these little bantam silkies. If they're all raised together, will they get along okay as adults?
fl.gif
I'm so worried about this.
hmm.png

PS, the three rd-sex-link chicks I have, I'm planning on giving them away to a friend who's just getting started with chickens, but any advice on these chickens' temperament would be appreciated, especially since I'm not 100% sure the other person will take them, and I may have to end up keeping them, too.

If they are all raised together they should be fine. My silkies were 12 weeks or so and my big girls 18 weeks when I put all mine together. Everyone gets along.
68502_p1050553.jpg

Back
Top Bottom