Question for all you hunters out there

Driley62

Songster
Jun 8, 2021
Chazy, NY
I spent some time out of the woods in search for deer because the lack of land to call "my own"(not public hunting land). But now that my neighbor allowed me to hun on his nearly 90 acre plot of land I'm looking at some trail cameras. I currently have a conventional camera that I picked up for $30 at my local runnings but I'm like a child at the candy store checking the camera daily...I can't help it and it in turn lays down ground scent.

I'm now looking into a cellular game camera and found out the brand spypoint offers a free plan along with 3 others(at most $10/month). I'm looking at the spypoint micro. From my observations it has good quality photos and the unit itself is at a good price. Other than the image plans, I can't seem to find any hidden fees like say a contract.

So anyone that has one or has been told of experiences with the spypoint brand. Please tell me the good, the bad and the ugly if there is any. Somewhere I did see something about date plan with the carrier? Not sure if I have to add it to my plan? I know it comes with an SD card from the network. I know this is still kinda new on the market but I also know that many people are already using these(I just don't know anyone personally).

I planned on starting with the free monthly plan and adjusting from there.

Anyone give me any insight that's not mentioned?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211018-172401_Tractor Supply.jpg
    Screenshot_20211018-172401_Tractor Supply.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 8
The spy point micro has some issues. It's difficult to set up.
I didn't like mine at all. Sold them.
I've got 4 tactacam reveals. 3 original, and one reveal x. Absolutely love them.
Have a stealth cam fusion also.
The fusion eats batteries, but uploads better pics.
The tactacam original cams have less than stellar uploads, but is much faster than the stealth cam.

Basically, if the cam is set to send the pic timely, or ASAP, it will not be able to take another pic while it sending the current pic.
Tactacam takes about 20 seconds, the stealth cam takes well over a minute. During that time, it will not take another pic.

I have my stealth cam to send hourly because of the lag. My tactacams are set to timely, or immediately as it's much faster.

Back
Top Bottom