Question for the color genetics experts!

If you cross a golden spitzhauben with a chamois spitzhauben, what color options are there for the chicks? I talked to someone the other day that has their goldens and chamois together and am wondering what the results will be. (I know they have a chamois rooster.)
What does Chamois look like? I haven't heard of that color.

What does Chamois look like? I haven't heard of that color.
1611112890203.png

Okay, I searched them up for a better look, some are a Buff, some are a red, & some are a gold color. I saw one with some Mille Fleur pattern rather then Spangles, so the Chamois color is mottled based instead.

The breeding of Golden Spangled Appenzeller Spitzhauben X Chamois would look similar, but would result in split mottled, Spangled offspring.

If you cross a golden spitzhauben with a chamois spitzhauben, what color options are there for the chicks? I talked to someone the other day that has their goldens and chamois together and am wondering what the results will be. (I know they have a chamois rooster.)

Chicks might be all chamois (white spangles, gold background), or half might be golden (black spangles, gold background). It depends on the whether the rooster has one or two copies of the Dominant White gene, which turns black into white.

Edit to add: that is, if the spangling is genetically the same in both varieties. I see MysteryChicken has looked it up and it might have different genes involved.

Back
Top Bottom