Question for the Goat owners

This is my Bad Goatie "Billy" munchin down on a leaf
smile.png

69433_img_20100916_124803.jpg

run a hose with a spray nozzle carry it with you when he rears up give him a good squirt in the face that should do the trick but you could also try the spray bottle first and if more problems occur try the hose i just use the hose first it works faster

he is wanting to play- he sees you as a herd mate and thinks that if he pushes you-you will push back-"play" I had one do that to me and it finally took a stick-whacking him on the nose- he actually knocked me down "playing". I know it sounds bad, but that is the only thing I could do to stop him- I tried everything-

I carry the squirt bottle every time I go out with him now.. when I feel Horns on my calf..or when he rears...he gets hosed down.. it's funny because he throws back his head and shakes his head from side to side as if he's getting stung! LOL you can almost hear him yelling with every squirt...."OW!..OW!..OW!.."
lol.png

Today is the day though!!
clap.gif
YAY... the Vet will be here in a bit and then... SNNIIIP!!
wee.gif
I can't wait!

The Deed, is done!

He is NOT happy and is in serious sulk mode. but I guess that is understandable. Lord willing in a couple days he will be much calmer, and won't be so eager to butt and push. And I hope he won't be rearing up at me with his fur fluffed out and raised along his back, anymore. I am looking forward to seeing the behaviour change!
big_smile.png

Last edited:
Quote:
I think he just looks lonely. I hope he recovers from his little snip snip and you get him a buddy sooner than spring.

Lots of goats going for little to nothing in the Pacific NW.

I hope you don't leave his collar on 24/7. They can strangle themselves on the littlest thing.

~*Sweet Cheeks*~ :

Quote:
I think he just looks lonely. I hope he recovers from his little snip snip and you get him a buddy sooner than spring.

Lots of goats going for little to nothing in the Pacific NW.

I hope you don't leave his collar on 24/7. They can strangle themselves on the littlest thing.

No, I don't have a collar on him now for the reason you mentioned. I had read on another forum where someone's goat died because of a collar..and that was all it took for me to remove it. I am paranoid, almost to a fault, when it comes to my animals.

We have a doe lined up to get in the spring. and by that time, we will have the pasture fenced and the goat barn built. we want to make sure all is ready to recieve the new goat. I spend a good deal of time with him and he has chickens around him 24/7 but he does need that buddy and I can't wait till we can get her.
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom